• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patrick Stewart is back as Captain Picard
3 3

311 posts in this topic

So the series explores the next stage of his life?

Take Riker, Data, Jordy, and Picard (actors all well over 60) and have them all share a condo in a retirement village in New Miami. Bring Will Wheaton back as the whiney put-upon house keeper who is the butt of everyones jokes.  Just friggin heap the abuse on him. Throw in a few recurring roles for the other members of their respective series (Janeway, Cisko) and I think we have a goldmine.

Also, we will need Ian Mckellan as the outgoing Activities Coordinator who develops a romantic relationship with Picard. That covers the appropriate checkbox for those who are trying on this seasons fashionable social conscious. Now we have Emmy awards guaranteed.

Edited by RedRaven

Episode 1: The Romulan Ale Conspiracy

Riker, Data, and Jordy scheme to acquire a bottle of Romulan Ale for Picard's 79th birthday. Hilarity ensues as the trio encounter a host of misadventures and shady characters from the series past before finally acquiring the bottle from Quark who now runs a curio shop in New Miami. They hand the bottle to Picard who looks forlornly at the gift and sighs, declaring "Used to love this stuff but cant touch it anymore as it makes my prostate flare up like a tiki torch". He then walks off a little misty eyed as he recalls pleasures of the past he can no longer experience. Riker looks around the table and declares "well that was a stupid idea, who's was it". They all turn slowly and look at Wesley (Will Wheaton). In what becomes a running gag on the show they blame the entire incident on him even though he had nothing to do with it. Data coldly remarks, Wesley you stupid person_without_enough_empathy, and slaps him. Cue laugh track.

7 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Cool news, but he is 78 years old. I wonder if his role will be actively involved or just a figurehead to sell the next Star Trek show?

I wish I could look as good as Stewart at 78. 

I’m really ok with his age. I hope that means they’re only planning on one, maybe two seasons. 

Sometimes Star Trek has a tendency to overstay it’s welcome. 

Edited by Number 6

Strange! Not sure I'd be wanting to see a Picard of that age.

I'm actually re-watching TNG at the moment and halfway through season 4. Its probably been 20 years since I've seen TNG and a lot of episodes is like discovering it for the first time, I didn't actually realise how much humour was in TNG.

Its also funny that by season 3 Riker had given up 3 command's of his own ship to stay on the Enterprise. He didn't actually leave until Nemesis! 

5 hours ago, bane said:

Strange! Not sure I'd be wanting to see a Picard of that age.

He addressed that during the Con announcement.  Picard will be older in accordance with when we last saw him.  There's also a chance he won't be captain and not what we expect...unofficially.

***There's a video on YouTube but my computer is being stupid so I can't insert it

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:09 PM, RedRaven said:

So the series explores the next stage of his life?

Take Riker, Data, Jordy, and Picard (actors all well over 60) and have them all share a condo in a retirement village in New Miami. Bring Will Wheaton back as the whiney put-upon house keeper who is the butt of everyones jokes.  Just friggin heap the abuse on him. Throw in a few recurring roles for the other members of their respective series (Janeway, Cisko) and I think we have a goldmine.

Also, we will need Ian Mckellan as the outgoing Activities Coordinator who develops a romantic relationship with Picard. That covers the appropriate checkbox for those who are trying on this seasons fashionable social conscious. Now we have Emmy awards guaranteed.

I'd prefer they go the Rambo 4 route with this.

"Picard" -- Bitter and traumatized from his experiences with the Borg, Jean-Luc Picard withdraws to a small fishing village on the outskirts of Federation territory.  Far from the constant hassles of Romulans and Cardassians, he lives a solitary, yet peaceful life.  (Then a shipload of settlers approaches him looking for guidance to some location from his past, they get tripped up, and Picard goes all Rambo 2 AND 4 on the offenders). 

Good times.

11 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Agreed.  The one free episode of Discovery was quite subpar imho, saw no reason to pay up for a streaming service.

Same, I did pay for one month last year during NFL playoffs :) I then binged everything I could of Discovery. For the most part I really liked it. But still not enough to consider a regular streaming plan.