• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patrick Stewart is back as Captain Picard
3 3

311 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Bosco685 said:
18 hours ago, mattn792 said:

As Data??  Because...Nemesis...

I was wondering myself how this is going to play out. Including the age changes as an android.

As B4?

1 hour ago, Spidey 62 said:

As B4?

That's what I am assuming since this is post-Nemesis.

What I didn't realize is there was a comic book mini series about his further adventures that tied in the 2009 movie relaunch.

In the comic book miniseries Star Trek: Countdown (the official prequel to the reboot Star Trek film), Data, having successfully transferred his positronic pathways and memories into B-4, now commands the Enterprise-E in 2387 in its mission to stop the Romulan Nero. Spock compares Data's "resurrection" with his own death and return years earlier.

I heard this plot synopsis of the series, not sure if it is true: Riker and Troi’s kids have to go find Picard, who is in hiding on his island winery, in order to put the old crew back together to save the galaxy from the Borg. Unfortunately, when they find him, he is angry and says that Starfleet should end. They leave. The whole series he stays on the island, until the very end, when he sends a hologram of himself to distract the Borg for 15 seconds. He then dies from the effort from sending the hologram. The end.

10 hours ago, Werner_Von_Doom said:

I heard this plot synopsis of the series, not sure if it is true: Riker and Troi’s kids have to go find Picard, who is in hiding on his island winery, in order to put the old crew back together to save the galaxy from the Borg. Unfortunately, when they find him, he is angry and says that Starfleet should end. They leave. The whole series he stays on the island, until the very end, when he sends a hologram of himself to distract the Borg for 15 seconds. He then dies from the effort from sending the hologram. The end.

Careful you are going to trigger @TwoPiece :)

On 7/21/2019 at 5:16 AM, Werner_Von_Doom said:

Some might say he was...The Last Picard.

43 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

So are Data and Seven of Nine just cameos or are they legit in the show?

At this point nobody knows for certain.  I am hopeful that Seven plays a decent part.  The little bit of Data had to be so heavily edited I cannot imagine they would make him a constant part of the show, would be too expensive I would think.