• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patrick Stewart is back as Captain Picard
3 3

311 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Rip said:

OK Just watched it. Very solid production value combined with good story telling that's building a story. We got just the building blocks of something more.

Wonderful cinematography. I really liked it. No major problems. As someone who wasn't much of a fan of ST: Discovery, I really liked this one right away. 

If you liked Next Gen I strongly suspect you'll want to see this.

But what is nice about the show is rather than feeling like yet another Next Generation episode, this came across like a nice merger of the shows with intensity versus lighthearted content.

I still don't get why CBS or Amazon think I'd care if CBS All Access can be streamed via Prime.  Whether you get it inside or outside of Prime it still costs $5.99 per month.

Edited by fantastic_four

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

I still don't get why CBS or Amazon think I'd care if CBS All Access can be streamed via Prime.  Whether you get it inside or outside of Prime it still costs $5.99 per month.

I like my media a-la-carte. Give me the option of buying single episodes or an entire season. Until then this will be a pass for me.

10 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

I like my media a-la-carte. Give me the option of buying single episodes or an entire season. Until then this will be a pass for me.

What's your thoughts on all the Disney+ and Hulu shows requiring signing up for their combined Disney+ services?

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

What's your thoughts on all the Disney+ and Hulu shows requiring signing up for their combined Disney+ services?

Dunno, I haven't heard of this.  What shows?

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

But what is nice about the show is rather than feeling like yet another Next Generation episode, this came across like a nice merger of the shows with intensity versus lighthearted content.

Yes a great merger of movie and TV with the an emphasis on a more serious tone. (A least this first one) This is on a bar much higher than before in terms of production talent.

I loved the serious episodes of Star Trek reminding me of the time we saw Picard back in his vineyard fighting with his brother.

Dunno, I haven't heard of this.  What shows?

Although it is one fee for all Disney+, Hulu and ESPN access ($12.99/mo), to gain access to these shows you will have to pay a subscription fee. Which now with The Mandalorian Season One being done then Disney had to make a decision to move up WandaVision to keep the pipelines active to keep people going.

MCU_Disney01.thumb.PNG.f66b3f849a9db5936e4fa1798a8098d1.PNG

The bummer with all these streaming services cropping up is so much content is spread out across them now. The bummer is having to work across these streaming services, even when they partner like you noted.

prime_cbs.thumb.PNG.e5a10f581d4d0496779d26a066f36cc7.PNG

Prime looks to be attempting to serve as one of those key streaming service merge points offering CBS All Access, HBO, etc. But it's not like we don't end up paying more when working through Verizon or Comcast where they charge an additional fee for premium channel access (I think it is like $10-$15/channel at times).

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Although it is one fee for all Disney+, Hulu and ESPN access ($12.99/mo), to gain access to these shows you will have to pay a subscription fee. Which now with The Mandalorian Season One being done then Disney had to make a decision to move up WandaVision to keep the pipelines active to keep people going.

MCU_Disney01.thumb.PNG.f66b3f849a9db5936e4fa1798a8098d1.PNG

The bummer with all these streaming services cropping up is so much content is spread out across them now. The bummer is having to work across these streaming services, even when they partner like you noted.

prime_cbs.thumb.PNG.e5a10f581d4d0496779d26a066f36cc7.PNG

Prime looks to be attempting to serve as one of those key streaming service merge points offering CBS All Access, HBO, etc. But it's not like we don't end up paying more when working through Verizon or Comcast where they charge an additional fee for premium channel access (I think it is like $10-$15/channel at times).

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t push Falcon / Winter Soldier to Spring of 2020 or even summer ...

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Are some of those shows on Hulu?  I thought they were all going to be on Disney Plus.

The Marvel TV strategy right now based on how Feige had divided things up before the merging of services is the MCU TV shows will be on Disney+, and The Offenders/Adventures Into Fear shows (animated) will be run on Hulu. Not sure with Helstrom if that will be FX or Hulu. Now I need to check on that one.

My significant other gets Hulu with her Spotify subscription so I mostly don't care, but meh, if they put enough good stuff on there, I'll buy it.  I'd buy CBS All Access if it wasn't just one show.  I'm fine waiting to see Discovery and Picard...I still haven't even seen all of Enterprise and I really liked that show.  None of them are likely to pull me away from catching up with Clone Wars, Rebels, and Resistance.

Edited by fantastic_four

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

My significant other gets Hulu with her Spotify subscription so I mostly don't care, but meh, if they put enough good stuff on there, I'll buy it.  I'd buy CBS All Access if it wasn't just one show.  I'm fine waiting to see Discovery and Picard.

Why they are trying to move quickly to fill the CBS pipeline. And much more than Star Trek shows. Otherwise, people will bail like what happened with Disney+ once The Mandalorian finished.