• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patrick Stewart is back as Captain Picard
3 3

311 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

I’m a Star Wars by proxy - but for me if it is Star Trek , only the first two series - Kirk’s crew and the next generation’s Picard are canon in my opinion .... 

kind of how “ boondocks saints , super troopers and mall rats “ part 2 DONT exist 

They made a second Mall Rats???

4 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

(tsk)

I looked it up, glad to see the idea died a dull, corporate policy related death.  

Boondocks Saints the second suffered from the same problem so many sequels do - relying on the same schtick as the first.  And what the bleep was that dream sequence with Rocco?

For the most part though, Super Troopers 2 kept me laughing.

9 hours ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

I’m a Star Wars by proxy - but for me if it is Star Trek , only the first two series - Kirk’s crew and the next generation’s Picard are canon in my opinion .... 

kind of how “ boondocks saints , super troopers and mall rats “ part 2 DONT exist 

You mean like Escape from LA? Never happened.

Hope it's good. I'm glad Discovery eased back on all the SJW stuff during the second season but the whole affair feels terribly bland, like DS9 bland...though as for the notion of seeing the future of the Star Trek universe, all I can is it's about freakin' time, lol.

4 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Looking forward to this much more now as Star Trek Discovery won me over. The new StarTrek stories got game again. (thumbsu

Have you finished Star Trek: Discovery Season 2? That ending hinting to yet another spin-off show in addition to SECTION 31 and PICARD. Easily! And with a solid cast.

Amazon Prime Video has taken the global rights to the forthcoming untitled Star Trek Jean-Luc Picard series. The SVOD will air the Sir Patrick Stewart-fronted series in more than 200 countries and territories outside of the U.S. and Canada.

The major deal, which was struck by CBS Studios International, comes as CBS All Access’ original Star Trek spin-off airs on Amazon rival Netflix.

The show will air on Amazon globally within 24 hours of its U.S. premiere. It will see Stewart reprising his role as Jean-Luc Picard, which he played for seven seasons on Star Trek: Next Generation, and will follow Picard in the next chapter of his life.

On 8/6/2018 at 3:29 PM, RedRaven said:

Episode 1: The Romulan Ale Conspiracy

Riker, Data, and Jordy scheme to acquire a bottle of Romulan Ale for Picard's 79th birthday. Hilarity ensues as the trio encounter a host of misadventures and shady characters from the series past before finally acquiring the bottle from Quark who now runs a curio shop in New Miami. They hand the bottle to Picard who looks forlornly at the gift and sighs, declaring "Used to love this stuff but cant touch it anymore as it makes my prostate flare up like a tiki torch". He then walks off a little misty eyed as he recalls pleasures of the past he can no longer experience. Riker looks around the table and declares "well that was a stupid idea, who's was it". They all turn slowly and look at Wesley (Will Wheaton). In what becomes a running gag on the show they blame the entire incident on him even though he had nothing to do with it. Data coldly remarks, Wesley you stupid person_without_enough_empathy, and slaps him. Cue laugh track.

:applause::roflmao:

Brilliant

Today at the CBS and CBS All Access Upfronts presentation, CBS revealed the title, logo, and first footage from the next Star Trek series, which features Patrick Stewart's return as Jean-Luc Picard.

The show, which has been referred to as untitled up until now, was referred to as simply Star Trek: Picard during the presentation. A logo appeared on screen with the title in gold letters and the Starfleet delta insignia forming the letter "A" in Picard's name. Whether the logo and title are final is not clear.

The upfronts also included the first footage from the show, which has Stewart as Picard in a futuristic outfit that is not a Starfleet uniform going unrecognized by a current Starfleet officer. 

The Picard series began filming in California in April. Hanelle Culpepper is directing the first two episodes. Kurtzman told ComicBook.com at the TCA 2019 Winter Press Tour about the group of creatives working on the series how the new show differs from Star Trek: The Next Generation.The Picard series is expected to premiere in late 2019 on CBS All Access.

Edited by Bosco685