• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patrick Stewart is back as Captain Picard
3 3

311 posts in this topic

Episode 2 was good to me. Felt like one of The Mandalorian episodes laying groundwork for some future event. And that's okay.

Especially since we are trying to catch up on years of events during Picard's retirement.

Why at this point in time and all that has occurred does anyone trust Romulans?

On 3/3/2020 at 4:30 PM, aardvark88 said:

Episode 6(?) getting more exciting, (: as we start to find out if Data had more than 2 'daughters.'

I really liked the intensity and nod to the history of Picard associated with The Borg in this episode.

Spoiler

So there could be even more than two daughters of Data running around out there? :whatthe:

PICARD Showrunner Michael Chabon Wants To Work On An ADAM WARLOCK Movie For Marvel Studios

Picard has been well-received by Star Trek fans, and during a recent Instagram Q&A, showrunner Michael Chabon made it clear that he's waiting for Marvel Studios to get in touch about Adam Warlock...

Picard showrunner is an accomplished writer and novelist, and he even won a Pulitzer Prize for Fiction back in 2001. With that in mind, it's perhaps not overly surprising that the Star Trek TV series has received such a positive response, but could he be planning a move to another universe? 

During a recent Instagram Q&A, Chabon was asked which superheroes he connects with after once penning a draft of Spider-Man 2, and it turns out that he's a big fan of Adam Warlock! 

"So many!" he responded. "Still holding out for that Warlock call from [Kevin Feige]."

I think Next Generation ended with the TV show for me. The movies felt like longer TV episodes that weren't very good. I read the spoiler about the ending because I wanted to determine if I was going to watch this show or not. And I probably won't.

I need to give it more thought. But I think right now the problem with Star Trek is the whole technology thing going on in the stories and not enough adventure and moral tales. I don't want to spoil Picard for others but I will say that Star Trek really shouldn't have much in common with a certain popular female anime character that has a new show coming out. I think there was a Star Trek Original Series episode that dealt with the same subject. It seems like with this Picard thing, plus the new movie's magic blood and super transporters, Star Trek isn't the fun adventure show anymore.

12 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

A really great season.

Let's hope season 2 will be as good.

To me, I really enjoyed the overall season and bringing back actors from different Star Trek shows.

Episode 10 felt like a solid wrap-up of everything that took place this season. To include two characters saying farewell is to one another.

On 3/27/2020 at 3:41 AM, GeneticNinja said:

I think Next Generation ended with the TV show for me. The movies felt like longer TV episodes that weren't very good. I read the spoiler about the ending because I wanted to determine if I was going to watch this show or not. And I probably won't.

I need to give it more thought. But I think right now the problem with Star Trek is the whole technology thing going on in the stories and not enough adventure and moral tales. I don't want to spoil Picard for others but I will say that Star Trek really shouldn't have much in common with a certain popular female anime character that has a new show coming out. I think there was a Star Trek Original Series episode that dealt with the same subject. It seems like with this Picard thing, plus the new movie's magic blood and super transporters, Star Trek isn't the fun adventure show anymore.

You read the spoilers of the last episode to determine if you watch the entire season?

That gives you none of the overall character buildup, easing into the motives of individual characters over a few episodes, appreciation for how the show creators crafted a steady intensity. It's just the final result, and nothing more.

Talk about forcing yourself into a dissatisfying situation to achieve your darkest desires: to be disappointed in a show. Yogi Bera was right - "That place is so crowded, nobody goes there anymore!'