• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patrick Stewart is back as Captain Picard
3 3

311 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2018 at 8:45 AM, bane said:

Strange! Not sure I'd be wanting to see a Picard of that age.

I'm actually re-watching TNG at the moment and halfway through season 4. Its probably been 20 years since I've seen TNG and a lot of episodes is like discovering it for the first time, I didn't actually realise how much humour was in TNG.

Its also funny that by season 3 Riker had given up 3 command's of his own ship to stay on the Enterprise. He didn't actually leave until Nemesis! 

Riker was and always has been a loyal servant. He is the type of man any captain would be privileged to have in his ranks

On 3/27/2020 at 3:41 AM, GeneticNinja said:

I think Next Generation ended with the TV show for me. The movies felt like longer TV episodes that weren't very good.

First Contact and Nemesis are excellent, particularly First Contact.

Next Generation is the best, and the Borg are the best villain.  So I really need to see this.  I'll probably binge during a free trial.

Did everyone like it better than Discovery?  I haven't seen any of that series yet.

26 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Next Generation is the best, and the Borg are the best villain.  So I really need to see this.  I'll probably binge during a free trial.

Did everyone like it better than Discovery?  I haven't seen any of that series yet.

For me:

1. Star Trek: Discovery Season One
  2. Pircard Season One
  3. Star Trek: Discovery Season Two

Gabriel Lorca is a hard act to top easily.

On 3/28/2020 at 5:35 AM, Bosco685 said:

You read the spoilers of the last episode to determine if you watch the entire season?

That gives you none of the overall character buildup, easing into the motives of individual characters over a few episodes, appreciation for how the show creators crafted a steady intensity. It's just the final result, and nothing more.

Talk about forcing yourself into a dissatisfying situation to achieve your darkest desires: to be disappointed in a show. Yogi Bera was right - "That place is so crowded, nobody goes there anymore!'

I watched one of the early trailers before the show started. I didn't really feel the need for the show. The Next Generation TV show was fine. I like that a lot. The movies pretty much a waste of time. Not one worth owning. Same goes for the Alternate Universe movies.

So when I see a lot of bad movies or TV series that get cancelled or end on cliffhangers never to be resolved, I pretty much stop giving some properties the benefit of the doubt. Star Trek is one of those. I read the ending and it's something that I feel shouldn't happen to a main Star Trek character. And it's something that was shown and resolved in previous Star Trek episodes before.

Just caught up and watched the entire season of Picard. My first impression is wow!

I don't know if it's the current climate or not but I found it very touching and emotional with some truly beautiful and heart wrenching moments.

Spoiler

I've watched all the past series, so the tie ins to Voyager and STNG and the treatment of the Borg were appreciated in their depth and delicacy. Picards return to the cube in paticular and then meeting up with Will and Deanna was pretty powerful stuff.

Please make more!

Oh, and just because I'm thinking about it and even though it has nothing to do with this post; best STNG episode ever... The Inner Light.

12 minutes ago, Mr Sneeze said:

Just caught up and watched the entire season of Picard. My first impression is wow!

I don't know if it's the current climate or not but I found it very touching and emotional with some truly beautiful and heart wrenching moments.

Hide contents

I've watched all the past series, so the tie ins to Voyager and STNG and the treatment of the Borg were appreciated in their depth and delicacy. Picards return to the cube in paticular and then meeting up with Will and Deanna was pretty powerful stuff.

Please make more!

Oh, and just because I'm thinking about it and even though it has nothing to do with this post; best STNG episode ever... The Inner Light.

Yeah I thought it was pretty amazing...My favorite Star Trek was DS9, but TNG is right up there...and this new series did really well....and yes it was nice to see Deanna and Will, hopefully next year we see Worf, Geordi Katherine Janeway....

On 3/31/2020 at 8:52 AM, fantastic_four said:

TNG was amazing

Q is awesome

Imo Dominion were the best villains, but the Borg are full blown jerks if you ask me

8 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Turns out my wife has access to Prime video...and CBS All Access restricts their stuff through Comcast’s hardware.  So %¥#! you CBS All Access.

Guess I’ll see if The High Man in the Castle is any good.

You can't get CBS All-Access through any streaming means as a Prime member without subscribing to CBS All-Access.  I'm not entirely sure why Amazon streams other pay services through themselves, but I'm guessing it's so you don't have to install apps besides the Prime app to see those other services.  So instead of CBS having to support custom apps and force customers to install them they just ride Amazon's app.

Edited by fantastic_four

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

You can't get CBS All-Access through any streaming means as a Prime member without subscribing to CBS All-Access.  I'm not entirely sure why Amazon streams other pay services through themselves, but I'm guessing it's so you don't have to install apps besides the Prime app to see those other services.  So instead of CBS having to support custom apps and force customers to install them they just ride Amazon's app.

No shock there. I saw somewhere that All Access was free for this month, so I had some brief hope.  But I’m guessing they still want you to provide a major credit card, blood sample, and loyalty oath for the freebie.

12 hours ago, mattn792 said:

No shock there. I saw somewhere that All Access was free for this month, so I had some brief hope.  But I’m guessing they still want you to provide a major credit card, blood sample, and loyalty oath for the freebie.

Not as badly as Disney plus where they still work a dollar out of you regardless.

Edited by Skylath

18 hours ago, mattn792 said:

I have a feeling with CBS All-Access Patrick Stewart could drive to your home, setup an account for you and enter his own credit card - and your next point would be "Look. They still have it where you have to choose which content to watch. They couldn't just have it detect what I want?"

:baiting:

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I have a feeling with CBS All-Access Patrick Stewart could drive to your home, setup an account for you and enter his own credit card - and your next point would be "Look. They still have it where you have to choose which content to watch. They couldn't just have it detect what I want?"

:baiting:

Send Sir Patrick over and I’ll prove you wrong on that one.  :foryou:

Finally watched it.

Pleasantly suprised and some great cameos too.

Jeri going full borg cube queen was one of many highlights.

Not sure if I need a season 2, as S1 was pretty good

7.5 / 10

10 hours ago, Beige said:

Finally watched it.

Pleasantly suprised and some great cameos too.

Jeri going full borg cube queen was one of many highlights.

Not sure if I need a season 2, as S1 was pretty good

7.5 / 10

Glad you finally saw it

We cancelled our Crave/HBO package around the same time we canceled our sportsnet package, so season 2 might be off the books for us too.

We've actually been binge watching alot of shows and right now are watching the 100.

But when it comes to Star Trek in general, I felt it was an ever evolving universe and I looked forward to it continuing...in the case of Picard I'm not 100% sold. Yes great show, don't get me wrong, but it's creative originality was not there for me (alot of James Cameron overtones) and that's the sad thing about movies and tv shows today, is a lack of authenticity and as your watching, it feels like deja vu.