• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Went to a con and didn't buy a comic book
1 1

82 posts in this topic

I found diminishing returns at the last LSCC I attended.  

Not willing to pay the escalating back issue prices and art sketch commission charges that are quite unrealistic on my budget, stories both old and modern that I can read more cheaply in digital format rather than lugging home a stack of moderately-discounted trades or hardcovers,  and a journey and environment that’s too stressful and not worth the effort for the meagre quantity of items I’m returning with. 

I admire some of the boardies who’ve posted in this thread, who sound far more committed to the cause than I am now.

Edited by Ken Aldred

6 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I found diminishing returns at the last LSCC I attended.  

Not willing to pay the escalating back issue prices and art sketch commission charges that are quite unrealistic on my budget, stories both old and modern that I can read more cheaply in digital format rather than lugging home a stack of moderately-discounted trades or hardcovers,  and a journey and environment that’s too stressful and not worth the effort for the meagre quantity of items I’m returning with. 

I admire some of the boardies who’ve posted in this thread, who sound far more committed to the cause than I am now.

That's the beauty of the hobby. It's always waiting for you if you want to go back to previous quests but you can also change focus or even just enjoy the ones you have and read message boards. It's all good, for sure.