• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed!

15 posts in this topic

RULES!

These are the usual rules. What are the usual rules? They are what I say they are. And they are exceedingly usual.

More specifically: 

REFERENCES
Kudos thread
ebay ID - brother17

ACCEPTED PAYMENT
Paypal only. Payment expected within 3 calendar days of invoice.

REFUNDS
You pay return shipping, unless items are damaged in transit in which case it's on me.. I am happy to take returns if you are dissatisfied.

TERMS OF SALE
First person to  in the thread or by PM wins.
If you have shamed yourself or are a listed reprobate, I will not sell to you. If you're just a knockburger who gets on my nerves, I don't mind selling to you. I reserve the right to refuse any sale.

Please inspect the books upon receipt of them and promptly alert me to any issues.

SHIPPING
Shipping is USPS Priority at cost. Send me your zip code; I send you the cost. International buyers, contact me before making a purchase.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

:news:SOLD! Doctor Strange 169, 6.0, $100 • I'm firm on this price right now as I think it's a good price for a nice looking mid-grade copy of this popular comic.

As you can see this comic presents very nicely with strong colors inside and out. I wanted to grade it at 6.5 but you can see the piece out on the back cover and the page below it. 

Corner crease, front top left and front bottom right. Soft corner bend front bottom left. A hard pinch in the corner box, about 3/4" above the M in MARVEL, on Doc's cape. Some spine wear. Staples secure and well attached.

Spoiler

doctor-strange-169-a.jpg

doctor-strange-169-b.jpg

CLICK TO ENLARGE

yWUknKAm.jpg hBMHwBwm.jpg

JRVBYTEm.jpg

BZKW7nFm.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid

Teen Titans #1 • 4.5 • $90 NOW $75 shipped first class. SOLD!!!

Purchase from Stephen and Sharon Ritter at wwcomics. I don't always agree with his grades, but often I do, as in this case.

This copy has definitely been handled and read quite a bit. Check the vertical creasing that is prominent in the bird's spine-side wing. And what kid wouldn't read it? Look at that bangin' cover from Nick Cardy. Notice the pen writing at the bottom of the masthead next to the "T" in "Titans".

Both the bottom and top staples are secure and attached, but with stress lines. Ritter presses a lot of his books, and this one looks pressed to me. On the back cover, notice the 3/16" tear pointing left-to-right at the yellow race track box.

These grotesque chimera figures menace the Titans, but don't count our young heroes out!

Spoiler

teen-titans-1-a.jpg

teen-titans-1-b.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid

19 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Doctor Strange 169, 6.0, $100 • I'm firm on this price right now as I think it's a good price for a nice looking mid-grade copy of this popular comic.

As you can see this comic presents very nicely with strong colors inside and out. I wanted to grade it at 6.5 but you can see the piece out on the back cover and the page below it. 

Corner crease, front top left and front bottom right. Soft corner bend front bottom left. A hard pinch in the corner box, about 3/4" above the M in MARVEL, on Doc's cape. Some spine wear. Staples secure and well attached.

doctor-strange-169-a.jpg

doctor-strange-169-b.jpg

CLICK TO ENLARGE

yWUknKAm.jpg hBMHwBwm.jpg

JRVBYTEm.jpg BZKW7nFm.jpg

:takeit:

Our Fighting Forces #1 • 3.5 • $300 shipped priority with signature.

Here's something you don't see available very often.

Creasing on cover. Long crease from bottom left corner angling up to Nazi's top hand. It's crossed by a visible crease, making an X at the bottom. Hard to see in the scan, but there's a vertical crease running from the tank, along the outer edge of what looks like a license plate, down into the sky background.  Creasing lower right corner. Reader's creases on spine as visible.

Color rub visible on DC imprint and the "F" in "Fighting". Penciled "B 8-17" below the "G" in "Fighting". Discoloration on back cover, upper right is staining; there's a tide mark in that same area, outlining a larger area by maybe a 1/2" area. A 1/4" horizontal tear on the back at the spine, just below middle. Some light creasing on back cover.

Staples attached and mostly secure but see centerfold pic where, hopefully, you'll spot a tear at the bottom of the bottom staple.

our-fighting-forces-1-a.jpg

our-fighting-forces-1-b.jpg

CLICK TO ENLARGE

8sMFlvnm.jpg t5KF3nVm.jpgbWOTHWJm.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid

On 8/10/2018 at 9:09 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

Teen Titans #1 • 4.5 • $90 NOW $75 shipped first class.

Purchase from Stephen and Sharon Ritter at wwcomics. I don't always agree with his grades, but often I do, as in this case.

This copy has definitely been handled and read quite a bit. Check the vertical creasing that is prominent in the bird's spine-side wing. And what kid wouldn't read it? Look at that bangin' cover from Nick Cardy. Notice the pen writing at the bottom of the masthead next to the "T" in "Titans".

Both the bottom and top staples are secure and attached, but with stress lines. Ritter presses a lot of his books, and this one looks pressed to me. On the back cover, notice the 3/16" tear pointing left-to-right at the yellow race track box.

These grotesque chimera figures menace the Titans, but don't count our young heroes out!

teen-titans-1-a.jpg

teen-titans-1-b.jpg

:takeit: