• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Australian price variant information

10 posts in this topic

Today in an antique store I stumbled upon this (somewhat beat up) Silver Surfer #44 - the first app. Of the Infinity Gauntlet.

CDnIreY.jpg

I know nothing really about Aus pricing variants.

By definition I guess they're rarer than the US counterparts (being newsstand editions for a much smaller market), but as for desirability and pricing, I'm clueless.

Are they more sought after than the US editions? I know the UK variants certainly aren't, are we, down under, any different?

Hi there!I think @Get Marwood & I may be away for a few days,but here's a thread with a tonne of info he started,and your SS appears on page two.Hope this helps a little.

There's also a thread in the Golden Age forum all about Australian comics,and @AJD has a fantastic journal featuring so much great stuff.(If you click on his name there,it should take you to his profile and you can find his posts and visit the journal that way)

Edited by porcupine48

8 minutes ago, AJD said:

I've been summoned! lol

TBH, I don't know much about copper/moderns, but I'm pretty sure the guys in this thread would be able to give you chapter and verse:

I figured you may know more than I,and that was the easiest way for me to maybe help him find your great thread,find some others to chat with.And you remembered a thread I hadn't thought of!

I'm not stalking you or anything ... :ph34r::hi:

Hello

If they were on subscription then $1 USD was the price - news-stand versions - those shipped to Australia for sale to the public from shops were $1.50 AUD

I guess they determined the exchange rate at the time for the 'to the public' sales to dictate the price.

But yeah, ones on subscription were in USD, News-stand versions sold in Australia were $1.50 AUD.

Somehow, one destined for sale on  the streets of Oz ended up in that antique store!

I know a few people who sell AUD issues  and Aussie variants (not price only) to people in the USA, so that may explain it.

Nice find!  :foryou:

19 minutes ago, Beige said:

Somehow, one destined for sale on  the streets of Oz ended up in that antique store!

I know a few people who sell AUD issues  and Aussie variants (not price only) to people in the USA, so that may explain it.

Nice find!  :foryou:

:gossip: The OP is also in Oz mate.