• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hone Your Skills Grading My Amazing Spider-Man #129
1 1

27 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:

8.0-8.5 White pages IMO. Doesn't look like it needs to be cleaned. A press may help but I can't tell by the pictures.

The only area needing the press is the upper right back corner.  The ding doesn't break the sheen of the cover, so it should press out.  With that fixed, it's only defects will be three tiny spine tics and ever so slightly fuzzy spine corners.  I've seen 9.4's with similar defects and am really hoping it might squeeze out that grade after the pressing.

2 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:

I hope you get the 9.4. That would be killer. Let us know what it gets.

I will definitely come back later to share the grade :)  I just got my ASM #194 back today.  It looked like a 9.4 before being pressed and got a 9.8 afterward!  I'm very happy to have a 9.8 among my ASM keys.  I'll never be able to afford a 9.8 #129 though.

Very nice book to have.  i have a similar raw one too.   I looks like as is around 9.0.  with a press could get up there.  Agree with the above statement it doesnt look like it needs to be cleaned

9 hours ago, flashlites said:

Beautiful book!!! I love the Evil Knievle add! That was THE toy to get when I was a kid?. 9/9.2 IMO.

My brother had that toy back in the early 80's.  I think he got it when we went to a Salvation Army store in Clarksville, TN.  Memories :)

6 hours ago, cookie1963 said:

Very nice book to have.  i have a similar raw one too.   I looks like as is around 9.0.  with a press could get up there.  Agree with the above statement it doesnt look like it needs to be cleaned

Raw copies in high grade are tough to find these days.  Everyone is getting them slabbed.  If you send yours in, best wishes on the grade!

9.0 as is due to: upper spine corner bump on back, tiny area of color rub on front cover upper spine corner, few spine ticks, slightly fuzzy upper spine corner.

9.2 - 9.4 with a press, which should eliminate the corner bump.  I think the color rub will be the major defect limiting the grade.