• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

amazing Spider-Man 18 final page coming up on HA
2 2

97 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Wow, pretty amazing. A very memorable page from a great story. Coming up in November, not my page

Is that Peter Parker beneath those Spidey threads, or is it 5'3" Wolverine/Logan? hm 

But, hey, don't mind me...I didn't like Bulbous Head Cowboy Stance Fake Captain America in the last auction either, and that one managed to do just fine anyway. (: 

9 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Is that Peter Parker beneath those Spidey threads, or is it 5'3" Wolverine/Logan? hm 

But, hey, don't mind me...I didn't like Bulbous Head Cowboy Stance Fake Captain America in the last auction either, and that one managed to do just fine anyway. (: 

This one? 

E09FB52F-90FA-4273-9964-308B11F95EC7.jpeg

47 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Not one of his top images for sure but such a great story in my mind plus the first partial splash to come up for sale in some time. 

51 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

Ok, but is it an "A", "B", "C", or "D" page?  :shy:

If you want a nice size Ditko Spider-Man image it's an "A" level piece, if you want a fight page it's a "D".

Edited by Timely

I remember seeing an ad in the CBG circa 1979 selling pages of original art from this book and FF 35.  The ad offered only certain pages from both books. 

I seem to remember each page being offered at $92 ea which I found to be a totally bizarre price.  Add to this the fact that the seller was "Rockaway" from the Carolinas using a PO Box.

I was just getting into original art at the time.  I had neither FF 35 nor SM 18 so I had no idea what was on any of the pages offered.  

To show my naivety, I sent my $184 requesting a page from each book to this PO box ...I left it up to the seller to surprise me lol  I guess that I figured that they must be legit if they were advertising in CBG lol  

Well, I received a page from each book all right.  I got page 2 from FF 35 and page 19 from SM 18.  Neither one was a particularly great page but these were the first pages of comic art that I ever owned and I was thrilled about getting them nonetheless.

Anyone out there know who Rockaway was?

Edited by pemart1966

1 hour ago, John S. said:

Bechara had this at NYCC a couple of years back at a number that was around the $350k range I believe. 

Surprised that he is consigning this to auction.

He may not be the consignor if he was spotted with it a few years ago...