• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

amazing Spider-Man 18 final page coming up on HA
2 2

97 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

For the range in asking price that is noted within this topic thread

If you're talking about the $325k - $350k see my earlier comment i.e. if the market thought that it was worth that price then it would have sold for that price.  It didn't and now it's headed to auction...

5 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

If you're talking about the $325k - $350k see my earlier comment i.e. if the market thought that it was worth that price then it would have sold for that price.  It didn't and now it's headed to auction...

Your statement is only true if all in the “market” were aware of the splash

Plus we’ve all seen results go both ways—high end piece is offered, even “shopped around,” for $X and at auction  sometimes (usually?) it sells for less than $X but sometimes it sells for more than $X.  

And not every BSD or buyer at that level is equally plugged in to every high end piece and when it is offered.

11 minutes ago, Ironmandrd said:

Plus we’ve all seen results go both ways—high end piece is offered, even “shopped around,” for $X and at auction  sometimes (usually?) it sells for less than $X but sometimes it sells for more than $X.  

And not every BSD or buyer at that level is equally plugged in to every high end piece and when it is offered.

This one has apparently been at major cons for a few years now so chances are pretty good that it's known by most, if not all, who are looking...

Edited by pemart1966

1 hour ago, pemart1966 said:

This one has apparently been at major cons for a few years now so chances are pretty good that it's known by most, if not all, who are looking...

He wasn't publicly showing it a couple of years ago when I saw it. It was select customer only, very hush hush.

I'm sure that over the last year he went through most of the likely candidates in this way, and with no takers decided to put it on display properly.

23 minutes ago, John S. said:

He wasn't publicly showing it a couple of years ago when I saw it. It was select customer only, very hush hush.

I'm sure that over the last year he went through most of the likely candidates in this way, and with no takers decided to put it on display properly.

Ok - I assumed from your earlier post that when it was at NYCC a few years ago that it was on his wall...

Edited by pemart1966

He usually has different "hidden stashes" for different buyers/types of buyers.  I would see his hidden stash of Iron Man/Avengers/Buscema etc but he's not going to show me Ditko Spidey or twice-up Kirby unless I asked. 

That also means that if you are a BSD for say TOS and TTA but not Ditko/Romita Spidey but you were starting to branch out, you might not see a page like this either unless you specifically asked.

1 hour ago, John S. said:

last 2-3 years its been up and very viewable at EVERY SHOW!

4 hours ago, romitaman said:

last 2-3 years its been up and very viewable at EVERY SHOW!

Mike, as Ironmandrd said, this was definately one of his hidden stash when I saw it, and it was definately not for all to see at that show. I can't comment about what he did with it at the next show he was at, but it was not on his wall at that NYCC, on any of the days.

On 8/9/2018 at 8:58 AM, delekkerste said:

Third, let's not forget that Ditko was rumored to have a number of complete stories, including 2 Spideys, in his possession when he passed (sorry, can't divulge specifics). 

Why is this a rumor that you can't divulge specifics on? Ditko stated several times in his "All New" series that he received back two complete Spidey stories.

5 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

Why is this a rumor that you can't divulge specifics on? Ditko stated several times in his "All New" series that he received back two complete Spidey stories.

Not my place to tell specifics unless Ditko already said which issues of everything he got back. (shrug) 

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:09 PM, John S. said:

Mike, as Ironmandrd said, this was definately one of his hidden stash when I saw it, and it was definately not for all to see at that show. I can't comment about what he did with it at the next show he was at, but it was not on his wall at that NYCC, on any of the days.

Maybe he saw Mike coming, and quickly whipped it out so it was prominently on the wall whenever Mike walked by? :baiting:

Edited by PhilipB2k17

1 hour ago, delekkerste said:

Not my place to tell specifics unless Ditko already said which issues of everything he got back. (shrug) 

Gotcha. (thumbsu

While I have no idea what Stephen the nephew (whom I believe is the heir) plans to do with the art, I hope that the family decides that they do want some fat checks from Marvel.

1 hour ago, Crowzilla said:

Gotcha. (thumbsu

While I have no idea what Stephen the nephew (whom I believe is the heir) plans to do with the art, I hope that the family decides that they do want some fat checks from Marvel.

That boat has probably long sailed.  If it hasn't, it's going to require a boat load of lawyers along with a boat load of cash to pay aforementioned boat load of lawyers...  Not to mention that the principal party never pursued it while alive which does not equate to a strong case for the heirs.

Edited by pemart1966