• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dropping off books at a convention
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hey all, new collector here. I have a few books I want to get graded and CGC will be at the upcoming Fan Expo here in Toronto.  I was wondering how the process works?  Do I pack the books up beforehand?  Do I just bring them in their sleeves and they do the rest?  Also what’s the cost benefit as opposed to just sending them out myself?  

I haven’t purchased my membership yet.  I figure I’ll get the middle tier ($150) one seeing as I get a $150 credit.  Do I need to purchase one before hand or can I do it at the show?

i appreciate the help/advice.  Just want things to go smoothly.

Dropping off at a convention saves you the trouble of packing them up & the expense of shipping.  Just bring them to the show in closed-top comic bags with boards.  Buy your membership online the day before the show and bring your membership number.  They will fill out the forms for you.

2 hours ago, EN4CER said:

Hey all, new collector here. I have a few books I want to get graded and CGC will be at the upcoming Fan Expo here in Toronto.  I was wondering how the process works?  Do I pack the books up beforehand?  Do I just bring them in their sleeves and they do the rest?  Also what’s the cost benefit as opposed to just sending them out myself?  

I haven’t purchased my membership yet.  I figure I’ll get the middle tier ($150) one seeing as I get a $150 credit.  Do I need to purchase one before hand or can I do it at the show?

i appreciate the help/advice.  Just want things to go smoothly.

Based on what I saw at SDCC, they expect you to have filled out the form electronically beforehand, as in SDCC, they made everyone sign into their accounts on the tablets and enter all the information even if you had paperwork filled out beforehand on a manual form.  Don't expect them to fill out the forms for you, as I expect the same set up at Fan Expo.

Thanks--Greg

I just dropped off books in Boston this weekend at Fanexpo - Sign up for membership beforehand and remember your log in info.   When you get to their booth, they have tons of tablets where you sign into your account and enter in the books yourself.   They have employees that will help you with the process but, you will be doing it yourself.