• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

August Atomic Age Goodness - Baker, Cole Pedigrees
4 4

21 posts in this topic

First   :takeit: in the thread or PM gets the book.
No reserving or taking until after I post the scan and price of a comic.
Enticing offers will be accepted.  
An offer to the seller does not put a book on hold.  If someone else takes it at the stated price or makes a better offer before the first offer is accepted then the seller is free to accept the second offer.

Shipping
USA:  USPS Priority Mail insured $18 for one slabbed book and $10 for one raw book.  Save on shipping by purchasing more than one.
International:  I will estimate shipping based on USPS international rates.

Payment
Check or money order is okay but check must clear before shipping.
Paypal is okay for purchases of less than $2k.
Time payments will be considered.

Limitations
No Probies, Shamers or Bronies.

Returns are allowed on all books but notify me within 72 hours of receipt of your intent to return and ship books back within 1 week of receipt.  Buyer pays for return shipping and books must be in same condition as they were received.

Thanks for looking!

*** SOLD ***

Crime Clinic #11:  This very dramatic painted cover is by prolific pulp artist Norm Saunders.  As pulps were declining, Ziff-Davis finally decided to launch a comics division and hired Jerry Siegal as their editor.  One of the differentiators for their initial offerings was the use of painted covers at time when most of the competition was producing line drawn versions.  In order to provide an aura of permanence and past success, they started most of their titles with issue #10 which makes this the second issue of the title.

Census:  1 in 8.5 (4 copies total).  8.0 raw cream to off-white pages for $1300.

CrimeClinic11.jpg

CrimeClinic11bk.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

7 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Crime Clinic #11:  This very dramatic painted cover is by prolific pulp artist Norm Saunders.  As pulps were declining, Ziff-Davis finally decided to launch a comics division and hired Jerry Siegal as their editor.  One of the differentiators for their initial offerings was the use of painted covers at time when most of the competition was producing line drawn versions.  In order to provide an aura of permanence and past success, they started most of their titles with issue #10 which makes this the second issue of the title.

Census:  1 in 8.5 (4 copies total).  8.0 raw cream to off-white pages for $1300.

CrimeClinic11.jpg

CrimeClinic11bk.jpg

Do you trade for cr@p? :wishluck: 

Ship Ahoy #1, Vancouver.  LB Cole provided this WWII battleship cover scene and it certainly looks very bright and pretty in this Vancouver copy, known for the superior preservation of cover colors and interior pages.  The back cover and interior match the patriotic front cover and feature the American military on land, sea and in the air.  

Census: Sole second highest.  This de-slabbed cgc9.2 with ow/w pages is only $1000.

CGC Label will be shipped with the comic.

ShipAhoynew.jpg

ShipAhoybcnew.jpg

ShipAhoynewp1.jpg

*** SOLD ***

Eerie #1:  What's not to like about this AC Hollingsworth skull headed zombie critter.

Census:  Tied with one other for third highest.  This CGC 8.5 ow/w is an appealing, pretty copy for $1250.

Eerie11cgc.jpg

Eerie11cgcbc.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

4 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I’ll Take It 

Thanks for taking Eerie 11!

15 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

@adamstrange You accepting Au for Spook Detective Cases #22 Spokane ? :x :wishluck::foryou:

How many pounds are you offering? :popcorn:

16 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

@adamstrange You accepting Au for Spook Detective Cases #22 Spokane ? :x :wishluck::foryou:

40 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

How many pounds are you offering? :popcorn:

@adamstrange can we weigh it on Jupiter? :wishluck:

This part is what scaaaaaaaared me pound(s:fear:

Someday; maybe I can be the proud owner of that book :luhv:  Might need to get my DNA frozen... :angel:

Edited by bounty_coder

5 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

@adamstrange can we weigh it on Jupiter? :wishluck:

This part is what scaaaaaaaared me pound(s:fear:

Someday; maybe I can be the proud owner of that book :luhv:  Might need to get my DNA frozen... :angel:

I don’t think frozen DNA will help here.....