• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantasic Four Relaunch

44 posts in this topic

Interested to know if any of the newer readers have any interest in this series.
Especially timely considering the Fox / Disney deal and movie talks. Would a movie even be that anticipated?

Also, I see @mycomicshop has a variant that is stated as a "print run of 400".

Maybe they can explain to us that don't know anything about the process of a store variant how they are getting Marvel to print only 400 copies when nobody else can? And how many are being sold, because from what we've seen with store variants you are not going to get 400 NM copies which is how they are being sold.

8 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Interested to know if any of the newer readers have any interest in this series.
Especially timely considering the Fox / Disney deal and movie talks. Would a movie even be that anticipated?

Also, I see @mycomicshop has a variant that is stated as a "print run of 400".

Maybe they can explain to us that don't know anything about the process of a store variant how they are getting Marvel to print only 400 copies when nobody else can? And how many are being sold, because from what we've seen with store variants you are not going to get 400 NM copies which is how they are being sold.

Variants are only available in quantities larger than 400, but we will only be selling 400 and securely disposing of the excess.

23 minutes ago, mycomicshop said:

To both of the previous posters--we've been in business over 40 years and have a long time reputation in the comics business for honesty and keeping our word. Not everybody in the world is a crook. So yes, only 400 will ever be sold.

But you website and eBay listing state a "print run of 400". The print run is probably what, 1,500? Isn't that the new minimum for Marvel?

I think every single variant on the shelf was better than the regular cover (and I am not variant guy).   I mean why was the regular cover such a 'dog', given this was the First Families relaunch back into the MU?  Off to read it now....

38 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

I think every single variant on the shelf was better than the regular cover (and I am not variant guy).   I mean why was the regular cover such a 'dog', given this was the First Families relaunch back into the MU?  Off to read it now....

Are you talking about the Esad Ribic? I actually thought it was pretty solid. I like Ribic's work a lot. Spent my money on the Artgerm set though.

25 minutes ago, Key Largo Comics said:

Are you talking about the Esad Ribic? I actually thought it was pretty solid. I like Ribic's work a lot. Spent my money on the Artgerm set though.

Yeah Ribic.  Cover did nothing for me.  The Artgerm was awesome.

35 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I cant believe its even being discussed. FF has been dead for 20+ years. 
Until the realize that the FF are not super heroes and more adventurers it will be dead another 20.

I cant believe it took 12 replies for someone to write this

13 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:
14 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Until the realize that the FF are not super heroes and more adventurers it will be dead another 20.

I cant believe it took 12 replies for someone to write this

strongly agree.  They should write this series like 'sliders' or 'quantum leap' or 'exiles'

Or if they want to go darker, they should be more 'adult' and have Franklin accidentally kill the human torch, but then replace him on the FF (but he feels guilty, and Sue can't even look at him).  But the trauma pushes Valeria towards Doom to try to bring Johnny back to life, but then she turns evil like Darth Vader.

17 variants at my shop. 

Picked up the Kirby one. 

Art on the inside was horrible. And I have a pretty open mind on art styles but this one just seemed lacking. Easily Sara Pichelli's worst work in a long time. 

16 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I think that is more of a reflection of the writers they have chosen over the last 20 years.   

I always saw FF as the book that Marvel pays respect to as a Marvel 1st, and nothing else. Dont get me wrong, there were so many good characters that were introduced to us through this book, but FF themselves were very campy and lacked character development. The Byrne run was probably the best thing that ever happened to that book, but even then, it wasnt enough to make the team stick out.

4 hours ago, miraclemet said:

17 variants at my shop. 

Picked up the Kirby one. 

Art on the inside was horrible. And I have a pretty open mind on art styles but this one just seemed lacking. Easily Sara Pichelli's worst work in a long time. 

I just picked up my favorite artist variant(Anacleto). Wish this variant $%#& would stop. Like 5 max per issue would suffice.

I actually didn't mind the interior art. The story was a bit bland but I'll give it a few more.

Edited by I like pie