• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantasic Four Relaunch

44 posts in this topic

Hicks had a good run with them as well. 

Waid had a small run that was decent with a touching scene at the end of one issue
that always tears me up. I think it was FF 60 the 9 cent copy he was holding his daughter
and talking about the horrible mistake he made and how he was trying to atone for it. 
Classic scene.

I read it last night & thought it was pretty good. Good for Ben & his engagement. :golfclap:I liked Pichelli's art in part 1, but Simone's art in the Doom backup isn't my favorite. Definitely had a "family" vibe to it. Best FF I've read since Hickman's run. 

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Speculators will take a bath on this book. 

Don't get me wrong I am hoping its good, but the speculation
part wont be.

Have to agree.  Spec will be poor.  Lots of nice covers but most will be dollar books in a few months.  I like The Kirby cover for nostalgia and I love almost any Galactus cover but the story and art were not my cup of tea.  I'm a hopeful fan so will give it some time.  

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Speculators will take a bath on this book. 

Don't get me wrong I am hoping its good, but the speculation
part wont be.

My LCS said I could grab as many copies of FF #1 reboot as I wanted since they ordered lots of the variant covers and pre-orders not that strong. Unlike the reorder that came through on Teen Titans #20 which basically were max 2 per customer. That is the issue that introduced a 2,000 year old Teen Titan.

2 hours ago, eddly said:

I bought 2 just for “fun”. First new book off the shelf I’ve bought in 28 years!

Every book I could choose from had several spine ticks. What’s up with that?

Good ol' Diamond shipping probably. About every other week I have 1-2 books that are getting returned to Diamond because the corners are blunted badly during shipping. My LCS probably returns a half-box to a box every week because they are damaged. Ridiculous. Really wish there was distributor competition again.

Edited by Not A Clone

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

Have to agree.  Spec will be poor.  Lots of nice covers but most will be dollar books in a few months.  I like The Kirby cover for nostalgia and I love almost any Galactus cover but the story and art were not my cup of tea.  I'm a hopeful fan so will give it some time.  

I know there is a new villain coming up & it's already being speculated that "Astronomica" who appears in this issue will end up being the villain. (shrug)

22 hours ago, eddly said:

I bought 2 just for “fun”. First new book off the shelf I’ve bought in 28 years!

Any other LCS offering a 'free' FF rectangular pin incentive that has Romita Sr's :golfclap: front cover from Marvel Treasury Edition #2 (FF) with purchase of relaunched FF #1? Else pay $1.25 US for pin itself.

Read it today.  Thought it was OK to good.  Some of the familiar FF family elements were there.  

Agree it’s not a spec candidate.

Also agree with the post stating Pichelli’s art wasn’t very good.  It’s a far cry from her nice clean work on USM.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:07 AM, ygogolak said:

Interested to know if any of the newer readers have any interest in this series.
Especially timely considering the Fox / Disney deal and movie talks. Would a movie even be that anticipated?

Also, I see @mycomicshop has a variant that is stated as a "print run of 400".

Maybe they can explain to us that don't know anything about the process of a store variant how they are getting Marvel to print only 400 copies when nobody else can? And how many are being sold, because from what we've seen with store variants you are not going to get 400 NM copies which is how they are being sold.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:04 PM, Not A Clone said:

Only bought 1 regular cover to read. I like Ribic & loved his Thor:God of Thunder work & I don't collect FF, so that was enough for me. I enjoyed it though & will continue reading it. The Ross covers are nice though, but I'll be ok without one. 

Ok Thanks Clone!