• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Definition of 'Party' Variant please

3 posts in this topic

Hi all.  Just wondering why some variants have the word 'party' attached to it.  Are these retailer only items given out at release parties?  Do they just arrive with their orders?  Are they based on a ratio of print run?  Sorry, just not familiar with this concept after being out of hobby for a bit.

2 hours ago, williamhlawson said:

Hi all.  Just wondering why some variants have the word 'party' attached to it.  Are these retailer only items given out at release parties?  Do they just arrive with their orders?  Are they based on a ratio of print run?  Sorry, just not familiar with this concept after being out of hobby for a bit.

I believe the store has to buy the "release party" package in order to get these variants. Not really sure how much a "party" costs. I'm sure there are some here who know though.

3 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

believe the store has to buy the "release party" package in order to get these variants. Not really sure how much a "party" costs. I'm sure there are some here who know though.

Ok, thank you I was just just wondering why and where the term was from.  Funny how terms just 'pop up' in a hobby over time.