• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help from an ebay guru

27 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Ah, I see...you can't leave neg fb before 7 days for powersellers. Apparently, everyone else is fair game. I wonder when they changed THAT policy...?

Silly eBay.

88298611_negfb7days.thumb.jpg.7d28e5509ea413a05987076be30ac623.jpg

RMA, again, is correct 100%. ANY Buyer must wait a full seven( 7) calendar days before leaving a Negative or Neutral Feedback. Any Buyer, however, can post a Positive Feedback at any time.

I had forgotten this little detail myself when I answered in this Thread a day or two ago.

Bottom Line: Best way to handle that Buyer:

1: BLOCK him immediately. The quicker you do this NOW, you won't forget and get a "surprise" a year or two later. This happened to me twice. No more.

2. Post a separate Thread in YOUR own website, which cannot be shut down by Mods, and put this person's eBay User ID there so people like me can and WILL block them.

3. Do NOT, I repeat: do NOT "relent" and give 2nd or even a 3rd chance. I used to do this, and it still never worked out right. One of the guys, a CGC Forumite AND an eBay Power Seller,

who at the time had a higher rating than I did, was a perennial "trouble-bidder" and TRIED to lie his way out of this right here. Clue: had something to do with one of my "pets", IMSM.

Good Luck in your future eBay selling. Despite all the "little things" over the years on the 'Bay, I personally am still pro-eBay and wish they would reach the level of consistency to keep

their business and business model rocking. Notice I did not say "competency" because they actually ARE competent; even towards the extreme part of the spectrum. They CHOOSE to

cut corners, hire Customer Service reps who don't even HAVE AN eBay ACCOUNT THEMSELVES( Thanx, Meg Ryan), and have NO ANSWER to Amazon kicking their butts for the soon-to-be fifth( 5th)

year in a row.

CAL who still is more a Buyer than Seller on the 'Bay... 

1 hour ago, Westy Steve said:

Thanks so much for the replies!  Last night (still the 3rd business day), I wrote him an email asking him to reconsider.  The guy wrote back and said he was "done with me" and wanted to cancel the transaction.  I think I have grounds to get this negative reversed.  It's not that I need to, but it's the principle of the thing.  No way would I neg someone for potentially going a day over their shipping time.  People should be more understanding.

I hope you messaged him through the ebay system. Assuming you did, call ebay, direct them to the correspondence and try to get the neg removed.

What is this guy's ID? I'm sure most here would want to block him.

Finally, this guy is a tool, but why do you have to go to the post office? Are you not generating postage online through ebay? Once the label is on the package you can just drop it in any mailbox or schedule a pickup.

20 hours ago, Pontoon said:

I hope you messaged him through the ebay system. Assuming you did, call ebay, direct them to the correspondence and try to get the neg removed.

What is this guy's ID? I'm sure most here would want to block him.

Finally, this guy is a tool, but why do you have to go to the post office? Are you not generating postage online through ebay? Once the label is on the package you can just drop it in any mailbox or schedule a pickup.

scwac_89        I had to give him good feedback so I could say what I really wanted to say.  I can absorb a negative since I only sell things once in a while, and I sell all kinds of different sizes and weights, hence the trips to the post office.

53 minutes ago, Westy Steve said:

scwac_89        I had to give him good feedback so I could say what I really wanted to say.  I can absorb a negative since I only sell things once in a while, and I sell all kinds of different sizes and weights, hence the trips to the post office.

please be sure to post this in the EBAY BLOCKED thread as well. This type of behavior should never be tolerated.