• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Fun Comics Appreciation Thread
6 6

420 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

morefun56.jpg

While some of the others may be a higher technical grade. This may be the most stunning. There is so much white on that cover and it is just so white! I realize that makes me sound like I took a recreational trip to Colorado, but I think most will know what I mean.

4 hours ago, 40YrsCollctngCmcs said:

It's all I can do to keep myself from ripping this out of its case to take a look at that story!

tn_CGC MoreFun28.jpg

If you need any help cracking that baby out just let me know,

On 8/9/2018 at 11:34 AM, buttock said:

Gary Carter told me roughly the same way back when.  He said that the editor at DC at the time (I think, one of the big wigs at least) considered More Fun his pet title, so they printed the bare minimum each month to break even.  The number he quoted me was 10,000 issues.  I would imagine there's at least some data out there on distribution or printing numbers that might be able to verify or disprove that.  @scrooge?

From what I've seen of circulation numbers I think 10k is too small.  I can believe only 100k were produced as that would have still been well below the 300k+ I suspect were produced for the other titles.  Whitney Ellsworth was the head editor of DC and most likely the only editor with sufficient clout to keep a title going.  He also was responsible for the cover of the first issue.

https://www.comics.org/issue/97/