• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Fun Comics Appreciation Thread
6 6

420 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

Steve, this looks like my old copy! In fact, it even looks like the oversized Mylar and board I purchased specifically for it!! It's my former copy for sure if it's got a piece off of the back cover about the size of a small paperback book.

That’s it! I bought it as a 1.0 and could not have been happier to find a copy - any copy - that presented so well for the grade and had decent paper. 

:cloud9:

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

That’s it! I bought it as a 1.0 and could not have been happier to find a copy - any copy - that presented so well for the grade and had decent paper. 

:cloud9:

I need to mention, IF you decide to sell it at some point in the future, I'd be interested. Here's the backstory: That lone book came into a shop here in the Twin Cities, in as I recall, the late 90s. The owner called me up, knowing I dig the early stuff. As I recall, I paid somewhere in the $800s for it. I shifted focus a number of years later and sold it to Jerome for pretty much my cost, maybe I made $50. Of course, I told him if he upgrades, I want a shot back at it. He's off the hook there though, as he didn't upgrade …. he sold the whole dang lot of 'em!!! It DOES have well above average paper for a New Fun. I've seen a fair amount of them, but never recall one with that nice of paper. These Minnesota winters I guess lol

15 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

I love the Howie Post issues. And it appears you have several of them Marty; not many people do.

The Jimminy and the Magic Book stories are just delightful.  One of these years I need to track down the issues I'm still missing (including World's Finest 70).

Trying to figure out who were the most frequently appearing characters/teams in More Fun. Are they these?:

Radio Squad

Spectre

Wing Brady

Doctor Fate

Detective Sergeant Carey

Johnny Quick

Aquaman

Roy Harper

Green Arrow

Tubby Watts

Inza Nelson

Jack Woods

Sandra of the Secret Service

Booby and Binks

J. Percival Poplaski

Edited by Electricmastro

2 hours ago, Electricmastro said:

Trying to figure out who were the most frequently appearing characters/teams in More Fun. Are they these?:

Radio Squad

Spectre

Wing Brady

Doctor Fate

Detective Sergeant Carey

Johnny Quick

Aquaman

Roy Harper

Green Arrow

Tubby Watts

Inza Nelson

Jack Woods

Sandra of the Secret Service

Booby and Binks

J. Percival Poplaski

Also:  Dr. Occult, Dover and Clover (:p), Genius Jones, Jimminy, Superboy.

7 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Oh man, for some reason I didn't see this thread. I'm so jumping in! Dr.Fate covers are easily my favourite GA superhero covers. I'll happily pick up any extra copies of #61 when I can, and don't see me stopping at two copies - those colors are just perfect.

Would love to own a copy of #55 one day (or #56! so beautiful), so if anyone has a super low grade one of those hit me up (I have lots of GA goodies that I could trade towards it) :D

20190719_225715.thumb.jpg.54091baf3ebb10a651c3b481a6b22f98.jpg

Here's my #55

71879005_10157309130416675_4363177488398942208_n.jpg