• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Fun Comics Appreciation Thread
6 6

420 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Comics181 said:

I'd like to say thank you for your long service as well. Hope my state doesn't give you too much trouble

Thank you my friend. Oklahoma was where I went to Basic Training at from Jan-April 93 and I was stationed there from 05-07. Your state has been good to me before.

On 6/25/2020 at 2:56 PM, sagii said:

:applause:Very nice one Frisco! You love the early non hero books i see. Cool collecting focus!

Thanks Corey! Yeah, I really DO love the detective and adventure themed covers of the DC pre hero era!!! Flessel, Flanagan, O'Mealia and Guardineer have left us with some fantastic cover and interior art to remember them by!!! Others too, like Shelly Moldoff's cover for More Fun #51 and Vin Sullivan's cover for Detective #1 are both well loved examples of what they could do in the genre!!! Great stuff!!

Edited by Frisco Larson

1 minute ago, rumrunner71 said:

Love those early Flessel covers. The extra bonus for me when seeing these early More Funs CGC'ed is reading the contributors listed - Flessel, Kane, Siegel, Shuster, Sullivan, O'Meara...it's like a Golden Age wiki list.

Me too and you're spot on!!! It's a veritable who's who of late 30s DC artists!! 

1 hour ago, mwotka said:

I too love the pre-hero adventure covers.  All are fairly tough to find.  Here is one I particularly like.  

More Fun 51.jpg

OH MY!!!!!! I LOVE this issue AND this particular copy!!!!! If you get tired of it, I'd be very interested in it. B E A Utiful copy!!!! :applause: :x

18 hours ago, rumrunner71 said:

Love those early Flessel covers. The extra bonus for me when seeing these early More Funs CGC'ed is reading the contributors listed - Flessel, Kane, Siegel, Shuster, Sullivan, O'Meara...it's like a Golden Age wiki list.

18 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

Me too and you're spot on!!! It's a veritable who's who of late 30s DC artists!! 

The label is incorrect regarding the cover artist.  It is one of the six covers that John R. Flanagan did for DC.

On 6/23/2020 at 7:50 PM, RayJr said:

I’m on a mission to get as many More Fun Comics as I can before they are scarce to find.

Some good news for you here then as it looks like they have a few nice copies of More Fun coming up in the upcoming Heritage and CC auctions which you might find right down your alley then. :gossip:

Edited by lou_fine