• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Fun Comics Appreciation Thread
6 6

420 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Yorick said:

The label is incorrect regarding the cover artist.  It is one of the six covers that John R. Flanagan did for DC.

I know. Right when I heard that Flessel mentioned Flanagan as the artist on Adventure 36-39, I immediately wondered if he was also responsible for those few More Fun covers that weren't signed. Turns out he was. I'd hand it over to CGC to be changed if I thought they'd do it. 

47 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Some good news for you here then as it looks like they have a few nice copies of More Fun coming up in the upcoming Heritage and CC auctions which you might find right down your alley then. :gossip:

Oh ok cool, thanks brother for the information

23 hours ago, RayJr said:
On 6/26/2020 at 12:01 PM, lou_fine said:

Some good news for you here then as it looks like they have a few nice copies of More Fun coming up in the upcoming Heritage and CC auctions which you might find right down your alley then. :gossip:

Oh ok cool, thanks brother for the information

No problem and you definitely can't go wrong when it comes to those Dr. Fate and Spectre covers from the issues in the 50's and 60's.  (thumbsu  :luhv:

Edited by lou_fine

On 6/26/2020 at 12:19 PM, Frisco Larson said:

I know. Right when I heard that Flessel mentioned Flanagan as the artist on Adventure 36-39, I immediately wondered if he was also responsible for those few More Fun covers that weren't signed. Turns out he was. I'd hand it over to CGC to be changed if I thought they'd do it. 

I can't imagine why they would not change the label.  Maybe I should ask them on the "label update" forum...

14 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I can't imagine why they would not change the label.  Maybe I should ask them on the "label update" forum...

I'm sure it has to do with what's in their database for a particular issue. I wouldn't think it'd be hard to update that, but I don't actually know if it is or not. 

5 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

I'm sure it has to do with what's in their database for a particular issue. I wouldn't think it'd be hard to update that, but I don't actually know if it is or not. 

It would seem like it wouldn't be that hard, but also that it would be really important. This is good information to have, to make sure the label is as accurate as current knowledge would allow.

32 minutes ago, rumrunner71 said:

It would seem like it wouldn't be that hard, but also that it would be really important. This is good information to have, to make sure the label is as accurate as current knowledge would allow.

I'll bring it up the next time I'm off the phone with them or see them in person. There are a few other things as well. Like they state Detective #18 to be the last Flessel cover in the run on their label, when his initials are on #19 and they credit him (rightly so) on the label of Detective #34!!! 

5 hours ago, ender said:

My 51 is not nearly as nice as @mwotka, and I would gladly trade if he/she would like.  But the one advantage to having a a cover less incomplete book is I get to still look inside at the cool parts and this one is really cool!

3304B148-6C83-42F5-AD67-567214F53654.jpeg

C747554A-2F9E-4970-A2F6-7668D05C3C04.jpeg

I love coverless copies!!! They are such a great value and worth much more than people think!!!