• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Media Mail Comics & Magazines
3 3

68 posts in this topic

Has anyone experienced any issues with the post office in shipping back issues of comics and magazines with advertisements to customers via media mail?  I know the post office states no advertisements yet I regularly see books listed with shipping via media mail.  What if the advertisements are expired? Has anyone had the post office open envelopes up and audit the package and contents inside?

1 hour ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

Has anyone experienced any issues with the post office in shipping back issues of comics and magazines with advertisements to customers via media mail?  I know the post office states no advertisements yet I regularly see books listed with shipping via media mail.  What if the advertisements are expired? Has anyone had the post office open envelopes up and audit the package and contents inside?

There is no such thing as "expired" advertising as per the definition in DMM 207.4.12.1.  The nature of the content of the pages in a publication are determined at time of publication. 

https://pe.usps.com/text/csr/PS-047.htm

4 minutes ago, bababooey said:

There is no such thing as "expired" advertising as per the definition in DMM 207.4.12.1.  The nature of the content of the pages in a publication are determined at time of publication. 

https://pe.usps.com/text/csr/PS-047.htm

We've been over this before. That CSR talks about advertising...not matter that was once advertising, but is now research material. You say there is "no such thing as "expired" advertising" but the CSR you quote does not make any such distinction either way.

Notice the verbiage in there about "the publisher."

1 hour ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

Yes, I have had a few packages opened ,with only comics, and charged shipping DUE. It sucks, but just the way it is. 

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

We've been over this before. That CSR talks about advertising...not matter that was once advertising, but is now research material. You say there is "no such thing as "expired" advertising" but the CSR you quote does not make any such distinction either way.

Notice the verbiage in there about "the publisher."

If there's no distinction either way then that's your answer. 

As far as us having gone over this before, I have only posted that link once and you didn't respond to it....Here's my prior post of this guidance.

3 minutes ago, bababooey said:

If there's no distinction either way then that's your answer. 

Not if it's not advertising. That refers to advertising, not reading matter.

4 minutes ago, bababooey said:

As far as us having gone over this before, I have only posted that link once and you didn't respond to it....Here's my prior post of this guidance.

No, we've gone over this in the past. Have Blowie search for it.

9 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
10 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
16 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Have Blowie search for it.

:whatthe:

Well, what's holding you up..? Chop chop, get to it!

22 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
31 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
33 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
38 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Have Blowie search for it.

Well, what's holding you up..? Chop chop, get to it!

Can you rotate that 90 degrees, for some variety...?