• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Media Mail Comics & Magazines
3 3

68 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

I think a picture of cliff claven would have made this funnier

:whatthe:

Why, I oughta....

Cliff Claven didn't have a clue what he was talking about. Is that what you're suggesting......? Hmmmm....?

That's it. You're on...The List.

:slapfight:

34 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

:whatthe:

Why, I oughta....

Cliff Claven didn't have a clue what he was talking about. Is that what you're suggesting......? Hmmmm....?

That's it. You're on...The List.

:slapfight:

you used to be an OK guy :baiting: 

What crazy here is the double standard of the Post Office. They open Media Mail and make a big deal about it, however they treat Priority mail no better. I get books that are destroyed by them using their more expensive services. Spend your day making sure the Priority books are not being run over by trucks or dropped off the roof of ten story buildings prior to delivery.

I find it irritating when sellers send your book Media Mail when it could have been sent for close to the same price via First Class Mail. I was looking at the tracking, wondering why my package was lingering at each stop so long, so I took a look and found out it was sent Media Mail. 10 days shipping time for something that could have been here in 2-3 days.

On 8/8/2018 at 6:15 PM, HENRYSPENCER said:

Has anyone experienced any issues with the post office in shipping back issues of comics and magazines with advertisements to customers via media mail?  I know the post office states no advertisements yet I regularly see books listed with shipping via media mail.  What if the advertisements are expired? Has anyone had the post office open envelopes up and audit the package and contents inside?

Andrew the best answer is this:  it all depends on the particular postmaster.  People have argued this one for years but it all boils down to that-how your particular postmaster interprets the rule.  Thread over.

I don't use media for comics, but I do find in the last few weeks before the holidays they seem to treat media the same as priority. I might send my brother some books and Walking Dead DVDs and they get there really fast. I think at some point they know they have to get the packages out ASAP.

On 11/29/2018 at 7:14 PM, kav said:

Andrew the best answer is this:  it all depends on the particular postmaster.  People have argued this one for years but it all boils down to that-how your particular postmaster interprets the rule.  Thread over.

this is exactly what i was going to say. all the arguing in the world and citation of postal code doesnt matter a flip cause your local postmaster will do whatever they think is the rule and you arent gonna convince them otherwise...