• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collectibles Insurance Services
4 4

38 posts in this topic

Has anyone used this company. I got a E-mail from Metro and CGC had a ad banner on their home page. I've been thinking about getting a small policy for awhile and just wanted to see what others thought of this company.

Capture.JPG

i just bought a policy with them. very nice on the phone and a very convenient policy to have. needless to say i too have not had to file a claim yet. but no one else that i can find seems to provide what they do, which is coverage for any book you own, ship, or receive. 

29 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I've used them for years. They are very nice, very responsive. I have not however, ever filed a claim.

This. Ensure your policy includes shipment insurance. Mine covers all shipping types up to $2.5K, while books sent via registered mail are covered to $12.5K or $15K, something around there. Nice peace of mind, and pays for itself after a shipment or two of higher value books.

there's a thread on here somewhere that lists a few examples from people's experience who had them and had to file a claim. 

from what I recall they seemed to be OK with paying out on claims but also tend to drop you afterwards if the claim was significant or too frequent.  Not sure what those folks are doing about insurance now.

kinda makes you want to hold off on filing small claims and wait for the time when you really need to file a big claim in case it ends up being a one and done situation. give them a call and ask what their policy is on claim frequency limits and grounds for dropping you.

I had them for about 4 years. Always nice and responsive to any questions.

Got water in the basement that damaged a model train collection. About $5 grand in damaged trains. Gave them a list of what was damaged and estimated replacement costs. Sent pics to them.

2 weeks later I had a check for the damages. 

They will now not renew my policy.

1 hour ago, stippy52 said:

Got water in the basement that damaged a model train collection. About $5 grand in damaged trains. Gave them a list of what was damaged and estimated replacement costs. Sent pics to them.

thanks for the insight, have you moved your collectibles insure elsewhere since?

Just got off the phone and I now have a policy wasn't that expensive and it was super easy. Doug the agent was well informed and answered all the questions I could throw at him. I was leaning towards getting a policy but was on the fence the boards pushed me over the edge and I went for it thanks for the input guys (and gal).

Edited by JWKyle

5 hours ago, pjray55 said:

thanks for the insight, have you moved your collectibles insure elsewhere since?

Yep. They are my Father in laws collection. Wish I had the space he had before he passed. Requires a lot of space for the type of layout he had. Great around Christmas time though.:bigsmile:

20 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

they are also going to soon start covering artwork as well, they recently informed me. in case thats of use to you. it is to me! 

I've had comic artwork insured with them for years...do you mean non-comic art?

10 hours ago, stippy52 said:

At least they paid you out.  You run that risk will all insurance companies.  They have the right to deny coverage.

1 hour ago, TMNT said:
22 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

they are also going to soon start covering artwork as well, they recently informed me. in case thats of use to you. it is to me! 

I've had comic artwork insured with them for years...do you mean non-comic art?

Considering Alex is a painter I'm assuming he means art art.

1 hour ago, thunsicker said:

Considering Alex is a painter I'm assuming he means art art.

yes, sorry for the confusion. i didnt know that they cover comic art, but they said they will probably start covering fine art like paintings, which i do have here and they are of some value (both mine and other artists') . so that would also be useful for me and anyone who has art other than comic art. thats great that they cover comic art too, i only have a little but i have to make sure it's covered by my policy now. 

On 8/9/2018 at 11:02 AM, stippy52 said:

I was just about to start a thread on this very topic and company, good thing I did a search first.

I’m on the fence too. Don’t have to many high grade books but hope to in the future. Things can and do happen so it’s  disappointing to hear that they don’t want to renew your policy considering that’s what insurance is for. It’s their right yes, but what’s the point of you can’t use it again?

On 8/9/2018 at 5:45 PM, stippy52 said:

Yep. They are my Father in laws collection. Wish I had the space he had before he passed. Requires a lot of space for the type of layout he had. Great around Christmas time though.:bigsmile:

Did you get another policy with a different company or just relocated the collection?