• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Came home to this/post your worst postage fails

34 posts in this topic

The worst i actually got was a piece of the box placed in a new box along with a bent pair of reading glasses (by USPS) that weren’t mine. I had purchased a set of X-Force 1-50, got a piece of cardboard from the correct box and bent reading glasses and an apology letter from USPS. 

The absolute worst was a lot of about 10 high grade early 80’s ASM’s that completely disappeared in transit and USPS didn’t do anything about it. 

Both of these happened this year.

The latest is a CGC 9.8 ASM 700 Newsstand I purchased that got damaged due to the box being crushed by USPS. The book is certainly no longer a 9.8, and the case is cracked. Currently waiting on seller to refund through insurance.

5FA82062-2684-4C39-A531-C1FEE1C479C9.jpeg

3 hours ago, SerialGrape said:

Just received this in the mail today...

You can imagine my reaction

0dGCRI1.png

Whats the worst condition you have received a comic in after transit?

Not Aussie Post's finest hour. :(

Dare I ask what was in it?

Nothing super important thankfully - a New Avengers 35 with the wolvie/venom cover that I just grabbed because it was cheap.

Could certainly have been worse as I have a few other things coming that aren't so easily replaced... I was expecting the worst before I opened it.

20 hours ago, SerialGrape said:

Just recieved this in the mail today...

You can imagine my reaction

0dGCRI1.png

Whats the worst condition you have recieved a comic in after transit?

Did you find it on the ground?hm

My worst was buying a book, from a boardie, and had it disappear from my doorstep.  Post Office showed as delivered, so, they must have just dropped it at the doorstep and never knocked or rang the bell.  Someone was at home and never heard anyone at the door.  Checked with the Post Office and they were absolutely ZERO help.  I filed a report and they said they would talk to the mailman.  They got back to me and said he told them he rang the bell and no one answered, so, he left it.  Turns out he wasn't the regular mailman, so, go figure.

Edited by aszumilo

25 minutes ago, HeyMoe said:

Did you find it on the ground?hm

My brother sent me the image as he moved into my old house and I hadnt changed my address yet.

I'm not sure if he pulled it out of the letterbox or if they tried to fit it in, failed and just left it in the ground... either way it's pretty pathetic

I once got a Batman #429 CGC 9.8 with a piece of cardboard tape to the front of the slab....with my address written on it...and a piece taped to the back. Neither piece was big enough to cover the sides of the slab.

Guess what happened...?

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

13 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I once got a Batman #429 CGC 9.8 with a piece of cardboard tape to the front of the slab....with my address written on it...and a piece taped to the back. Neither piece was big enough to cover the sides of the slab.

Guess what happened...?

:popcorn: What? What happened? I can't stand the suspense! Or did it go something like this...

RealHappyCockatiel-max-1mb.gif

7 hours ago, mysterio said:

Definitely this. Box was left on the road under my mailbox in a heavy thunderstorm with hail all night. Fortunately the book was wrapped in like 30 feet of bubble wrap so it stayed dry. This was how we learned to check the road for packages. 

1894727E-3E87-4F9D-8F7A-28C1F0454498.jpeg

8BA8E5B3-F956-4D5F-A5A7-4897169C7118.jpeg

That's insane. Super lucky haha 

yep I got a new gods in vanilla envelope no cardboard no bags and board no nothing.  Book arrived totally destroyed.  I was nice enough to not leave bad feedback just send a pic and a note saying not many would be as forgiving might wanna rethink packing method.

This box contained a raw Hulk 181 and some low number Uncanny X-Men that I sent to CGC with something like $1,000 insurance, "fragile" all over it, and signature required. USPS destroyed it, taped it up, and tried to leave it with CGC. CGC declined to accept it. Thankfully, no damage to the books.

502183059_CGCDamagedBox.thumb.jpg.a1a5244f5fa372de22c33c3157d84b30.jpg