• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Comics Displayed

6 posts in this topic

So my wife hates white long boxes. She absolutely despises them. One nice thing is that companies have started printing images on them to make them less dull and more display worthy. But sadly, minus balancing a CGC comic on a shelf, has anyone figured out a nice way to display them? Of course, out of direct sunlight. But, it would be nice to actually see more of them. I thought about a type of slide rack system you could have on the wall to slide them in and out of, but I don't see anything like that. How do you guys display some of your favorites? Secondly, Does anyone store their comics anyway other than the boxes? I thought about getting a filing cabinet but they are a tad wide and not comic shaped. Whereas the box filing cabinets are of course, plain white... Any suggestions?

there's a thread in Comics General subforum that shows the 'comic rooms' of people.  you'll find zillions of potential ideas for all types of display in that thread.  Good luck

Edited by revat

On 8/9/2018 at 2:23 PM, shadroch said:

Lateral file cabinets are four boxes wide and a five drawer one holds twenty short boxes. New they run a grand but at auction they go for under $100.

This is what I use. The drawers are lined with foam board. 

I found a warehouse full of used office furniture advertised on Craigslist. It was about $200 without dents or scratches. 

I also am big on the filing cabinet method. Less space, can lock them if you get the key and want to, and you can display stuff on the top of the cabinet. I’ve found them REALLY cheap on Facebook marketplace and other classified sites. 

379B00FB-35CF-4DBA-9B79-7C20CEA6E6DE.jpeg

545764BE-6235-41F9-AB9D-52C99DDDC848.jpeg

This is not mine (I saw it on reddit a couple of days ago), but I'm planning on doing something simmilar when I get a chance:

https://imgur.com/gallery/HIcNW

Xjz15GY.jpgatnRNew.jpg

My missus really doesn't like longboxes either so this should keep her and me happy.

As for cgc comics, ikea has photo rails that look like they work fairly well. 

I'm sure someone has a link for the CGC case wall mounts that are around too - I couldn't find them.