• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comunication problem with Cadence Comic Art
6 6

199 posts in this topic

Hi, people!

I'm having a little comunication problem with Cadence Comic Art.

On 18th july I contacted them asking for four pieces from their online shop. On 25th july, they confirmed to me that those pieces were available and sent me a paypal invoice for a little more than 1500 USD. I payed the invoice in the moment, on 25th july. After paying I sent them an email with my address.

Since then I have not heard any communications from them. I tried to contact them five times (by email) asking if they received the payment, asking if they have any tracking number or something... and I had no response... I'm starting to get a little bit concerned... 

Did anyone here deal or contacted with them in the same time frame (last 16 days) and received a response? Do you know if they closed for vacation or if something happened to them? I suppose it is possible they already shipped it and didn't bother to respond since it will arrive soon, but i thought some sort of communications would be warranted.

Thanks for your time and sorry for my poor English.

Antonio

From what I hear, you should be OK just probably experiencing a delay. I have had similar communication issues myself. I had a purchase ready to go but the communication just dried up and I got tired of chasing so I moved on. 

2 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

From my experience, the delay is usually waiting for the artist to ship the art to them first before sending it to you.

Everything should be fine.  

All the best.

Cheers!

N.

This. Communication is usually spotty but the (sometimes long) wait is often attributed to artwork not yet in hand.

I had this happen when I was trying to buy a Jenny Frison Red Sonja cover. I paid and was told the art would ship on a certain day, but it didn't. Cadence's owner kept saying he was sending the art the next day and, after several days of waiting, I asked for my money back. I was banned from his site by him and Jenny Frison,. lol which was a blessing, since I used the cash to buy art that is drawn on one board and not in two pieces. I am so glad that happened because I hate art that is penciled on one sheet and then copied and those copied pencils are inked on another.

15 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

From my experience, the delay is usually waiting for the artist to ship the art to them first before sending it to you.

Everything should be fine.  

All the best.

Cheers!

N.

That's odd, because usually the Rep has the art. 

18 hours ago, Xouman said:

Hi, people!

I'm having a little comunication problem with Cadence Comic Art.

On 18th july I contacted them asking for four pieces from their online shop. On 25th july, they confirmed to me that those pieces were available and sent me a paypal invoice for a little more than 1500 USD. I payed the invoice in the moment, on 25th july. After paying I sent them an email with my address.

Since then I have not heard any communications from them. I tried to contact them five times (by email) asking if they received the payment, asking if they have any tracking number or something... and I had no response... I'm starting to get a little bit concerned... 

Did anyone here deal or contacted with them in the same time frame (last 16 days) and received a response? Do you know if they closed for vacation or if something happened to them? I suppose it is possible they already shipped it and didn't bother to respond since it will arrive soon, but i thought some sort of communications would be warranted.

Thanks for your time and sorry for my poor English.

Antonio

It's been a while since I bought a piece from Cadence, but my experience at the time was positive. He shipped pretty quickly. Let me know how this works out, because I have been eyeing some pieces there.

3 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

That's odd, because usually the Rep has the art. 

With cadence not always the case. Sometimes the art is still with the artist.. And sometimes those artists are overseas so the delay can be even greater. All that said, he should at the least respond to emails. 

I'm actually having this very same issue myself. I've had multiple dealings with Cadence and they can ship art promptly though once before I received radio silence, so funnily enough enough this is not the first time I've had this issue.

Does anyone know if they are on vacation? I paid for the art late November....

On 12/29/2018 at 2:53 AM, Shin-Kaiser said:

I'm actually having this very same issue myself. I've had multiple dealings with Cadence and they can ship art promptly though once before I received radio silence, so funnily enough enough this is not the first time I've had this issue.

Does anyone know if they are on vacation? I paid for the art late November....

No idea if they are on vacation myself, but I paid for a piece in early November and haven't received it yet.

Sent them an email a month after payment and haven't heard back.

On 1/2/2019 at 9:18 PM, tlatner said:

Anyone have any luck?  I was e-mailing with Paolo on the 29th and he was supposed to send me an invoice.  I sent two reminders and still no response...

I got a message from a board member on the 1st, essentially saying they were trying to clean up some of the miscommunicated orders. 

I also sent them an email today seeing if I could get an update, I didn't get a response, but after an hour or so I got an email from paypal with a tracking number. Can't wait for my page!

The page I ordered has finally arrived. Really pleased and thankful to receive my order. Big thanks to the Board member helping me out with this one :)

Also, another page I had my eye on was instantly snapped up, only to appear on ComicArtFans about a week later so it looks like it's business as usual at Cadence :)

17 hours ago, Shin-Kaiser said:

The page I ordered has finally arrived. Really pleased and thankful to receive my order. Big thanks to the Board member helping me out with this one :)

Also, another page I had my eye on was instantly snapped up, only to appear on ComicArtFans about a week later so it looks like it's business as usual at Cadence :)

Glad you got it.  I gave up on communicating with them again.  I'll consider buying from them in person at a convention, but that's about it.  If I were one of their artists I'd be pretty pissed about their level of customer service (or maybe disservice).

On 2/9/2019 at 3:07 PM, tlatner said:

Glad you got it.  I gave up on communicating with them again.  I'll consider buying from them in person at a convention, but that's about it.  If I were one of their artists I'd be pretty pissed about their level of customer service (or maybe disservice).

Yes, I did have a similar reaction and thoughts. But I'm based in the UK where comic artists rarely ever venture to, so I have no choice. I would periodically keep 'pestering' them, I'm sure you'll get there eventually. Good luck!