• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comunication problem with Cadence Comic Art
6 6

199 posts in this topic

I've never had any issues in the past with Paolo.  He's always been good with communication and getting pieces shipped in a timely manner . . . maybe I was due.(shrug)

I commissioned a piece from one of his artists January 18th.  He posted the completed piece to one of the Cadence Instagram accounts on March 26th.  By April 8th, I hadn't heard or received anything on when the piece would ship.  I emailed Paolo and inquired that day and got an immediate response that it would be shipping out soon along with the tracking number.  No complaints. (thumbsu

So here's the rub. The package has been in pre-shipment since April 8th on the USPS website.  So I emailed yesterday morning, April 16th, to find out if it had actually shipped out or not.  If it hasn't that's fine, I would just like to know, so both the package and myself aren't in limbo.  As of this writing, no response.  And I would usually wait a few more days to hear something before making a post about it, but he committed what I consider to be the cardinal sin for any dealer yesterday:  he posted on his social media accounts throughout the day.  Posting on social media, whether from your phone or computer, but failing to answer a customer's email is just a huge "No No" to me. :pullhair:

10 hours ago, Doc McCoy said:

I've never had any issues in the past with Paolo.  He's always been good with communication and getting pieces shipped in a timely manner . . . maybe I was due.(shrug)

I commissioned a piece from one of his artists January 18th.  He posted the completed piece to one of the Cadence Instagram accounts on March 26th.  By April 8th, I hadn't heard or received anything on when the piece would ship.  I emailed Paolo and inquired that day and got an immediate response that it would be shipping out soon along with the tracking number.  No complaints. (thumbsu

So here's the rub. The package has been in pre-shipment since April 8th on the USPS website.  So I emailed yesterday morning, April 16th, to find out if it had actually shipped out or not.  If it hasn't that's fine, I would just like to know, so both the package and myself aren't in limbo.  As of this writing, no response.  And I would usually wait a few more days to hear something before making a post about it, but he committed what I consider to be the cardinal sin for any dealer yesterday:  he posted on his social media accounts throughout the day.  Posting on social media, whether from your phone or computer, but failing to answer a customer's email is just a huge "No No" to me. :pullhair:

The online equivalent of someone not answering the door while you can clearly see and hear them moving around inside the house.

So I heard back (after a mutual friend reached out to Paolo) and was told the piece went out the day after the shipping label was created, which would have been April 9th.  Asked to keep an eye out for it, because local outgoing tracking is spotty (Maspeth, NY).  

I would think that even if it didn't get scanned in leaving NY, at some point along the line (shipping to FL) it would have been, but you never know.  So fingers crossed that it shows up here sometime soon.  Without tracking, I really have no idea.

This is the piece I'm waiting for, a commission by Jim Towe:

D4YzRG9XkAEHQRv.jpg-large.jpeg.801b4dd82019ec6e3f594377ee7c75ff.jpeg

Edited by Doc McCoy
shipping route

2 hours ago, Doc McCoy said:

So I heard back (after a mutual friend reached out to Paolo) and was told the piece went out the day after the shipping label was created, which would have been April 9th.  Asked to keep an eye out for it, because local outgoing tracking is spotty (Maspeth, NY).  

I would think that even if it didn't get scanned in leaving NY, at some point along the line (shipping to FL) it would have been, but you never know.  So fingers crossed that it shows up here sometime soon.  Without tracking, I really have no idea.

I had bought some OA which was sent via the post office, and it took almost 3 weeks to arrive. I have no idea why. The tracking was useless because it supposedly never left the originator’s post office for almost the whole time.

19 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

I had bought some OA which was sent via the post office, and it took almost 3 weeks to arrive. I have no idea why. The tracking was useless because it supposedly never left the originator’s post office for almost the whole time.

@Rick2you2 Yeah, it happens.  I sent a package out to Georgia two weeks ago.  Should have taken 2 days to get there.  It ended up taking 7 days to make the 6-7 hour trip.  It took 3 days alone to travel 45 minutes from my office to Orlando.

So fingers crossed that it's just a case of slow service by USPS.

*Update - Tracking has kicked in!  

Edited by Doc McCoy
*update

I've had it happen a small number of times and it's always a bit nerve-wracking. The last two times, occurred simultaneously. One of the pieces went on a journey to the far southeastern corner of the United Styates, before ending up back in the Great Lakes area that it was destined for. 

On 4/18/2019 at 10:35 AM, Doc McCoy said:

I really like the Jordan 1s being part of it.

8 hours ago, Fred Chamberlain said:

One of the pieces went on a journey to the far southeastern corner of the United Styates, before ending up back in the Great Lakes area that it was destined for. 

I had a package that I sent from north New Jersey to Brooklyn (20 miles away) go via Detroit... but it ultimately arrived. Another time I bought something from California and the package inexplicable spent ten days in Atlanta before arriving in Jersey.

On 4/19/2019 at 6:06 PM, MIL0S said:

I had a package that I sent from north New Jersey to Brooklyn (20 miles away) go via Detroit... but it ultimately arrived. Another time I bought something from California and the package inexplicable spent ten days in Atlanta before arriving in Jersey.

To be fair, I've gone out of my way to go into Jersey, as well. ;)

2 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

UGH- Paid for a piece on sept 8th and now nothing! I emailed him twice about a timeframe and not even a response.. it is fine if it needs to come from Ireland first.. but at least answer and tell me that. I got answers almost immediately when asking about buying. Very frustrating. 

I'm not going to apologize for anybody else's business but...it's only been a week? You could have put June 8th for the tone of the rest of the post.

14 minutes ago, vodou said:

I'm not going to apologize for anybody else's business but...it's only been a week? You could have put June 8th for the tone of the rest of the post.

I am not going to apologize for thinking a week is to long to return an email and give clarity on what is going on. I am going away Thursday and travel for work fairly regularly so if you can send an invoice within 20 minutes of accepting an offer, you should be able to answer when the art is coming within a week . 

50 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I am not going to apologize for thinking a week is to long to return an email and give clarity on what is going on. I am going away Thursday and travel for work fairly regularly so if you can send an invoice within 20 minutes of accepting an offer, you should be able to answer when the art is coming within a week . 

Unless he is going to a con, going to a hospital, has other things going on, etc. A week may seem lengthy, but I wouldn't start wondering and get concerned, before a month.

3 minutes ago, Fred Chamberlain said:

Unless he is going to a con, going to a hospital, has other things going on, etc. A week may seem lengthy, but I wouldn't start wondering and get concerned, before a month.

Fred - I agree life can happen . Again an email saying life is happening seems like a simple thing for a business man to complete. Everyone’s phone is in there hand in today’s world- it takes seconds. 

1 hour ago, vodou said:

5 minutes ago, Fred Chamberlain said:

I don't think anyone has an issue waiting, it's the lack of communication that is the problem. In Paolo's defense, he did have a family emergency, but when you run a business you should have contingencies in place, and in today's day and age it takes seconds to receive and respond. There's really no great excuse for a week to pass without contact 

1 hour ago, vodou said:

5 minutes ago, Fred Chamberlain said:

I don't think anyone has an issue waiting, it's the lack of communication that is the problem. In Paolo's defense, he did have a family emergency, but when you run a business you should have contingencies in place, and in today's day and age it takes seconds to receive and respond. There's really no great excuse for a week to pass without contact