• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comunication problem with Cadence Comic Art
6 6

199 posts in this topic

With respect, it seems to be becoming a habit. I sent an inquiry about a piece and received an email on Oct 21 that the Art was available. I sent the payment immediately and replied to the email that I had done so. Now Nov 10 and no reply to 2 polite emails (sent after 1 week and then 2 weeks) asking for an update. Meanwhile I see Cadence’s instagram alive and well. I don’t want the art, I just want an email telling me it’s in process. Cadence has an excellent roster of artists and I’ve always had good dealings with them at cons, but I wish they’d sort this out. 

I went back and looked at the 2013 attempt at buying Jenny Frison art from him and he responded very quickly and I bought the art. He promised he'd ship the very next day, 2-day priority mail, but I never received a confirmation for two days after that. I emailed and he gave me an excuse that it was the tracking numbers. I let it go four more days and still nothing showed up on the tracking and, had he shipped it 2-day, it would have made it to me by that time, so I asked him for a refund. He argued with me and I filed a paypal case to get my money back. He said he shipped it, but, a day later, he said he had the art back from the PO (it had supposedly shipped five days earlier, so how did it never make it to me, but was returned to him? Yeah, right.) and he agreed to refund my money with this message: "Jenny and I do not want future order requests or inquires on ANY kind."

After 12 more days, I finally got my refund and was done with him.

My experience...

On October 25th Cadence posted some new art. It was a piece I really wanted. I immediately requested if it was available. I got response within an hour saying it was. I paid the same day, Oct 25. On Oct 29 I got notice that the item had shipped. On Nov 1 the item arrived. No problems, no issues. 

It was my first time buying from them and I would buy from them again. 

Edited by Shemp

On 11/10/2019 at 9:10 AM, dichotomy said:

With respect, it seems to be becoming a habit. I sent an inquiry about a piece and received an email on Oct 21 that the Art was available. I sent the payment immediately and replied to the email that I had done so. Now Nov 10 and no reply to 2 polite emails (sent after 1 week and then 2 weeks) asking for an update. Meanwhile I see Cadence’s instagram alive and well. I don’t want the art, I just want an email telling me it’s in process. Cadence has an excellent roster of artists and I’ve always had good dealings with them at cons, but I wish they’d sort this out. 

I've had good dealings with Paolo and Cadence in the past. But I'm tired of making excuses for them recently. Their customer service has gradually gotten worse over the last year or two. The last 3 times I've ordered with them there has been an extended delay and lack of communication for one reason or another. Frankly it's tiresome and bad for business.

The latest instance takes the cake so far. It's been over 7 weeks now since purchase, and after being verbally put on the back burner during nycc (disappointing, but also expected sadly) there has been zero response to my weekly "check ins".

The last i heard was they were waiting on the artist to send the art. Then i got a tracking notification via PP (4 weeks ago) that has never actually made it to the post office. I've since opened up a case though PP to handle this because I'm fed up.

I've spent more money with them than any other art source. Seriously considering not doing business with them anymore, but they rep a couple of my favorite artists (and I'm weak). I'll definitely limit what i buy in the future though for sure.

Edited by awayne83

I bought three Y:TLM pages from Cadence two months ago. From my payment date to getting the art, it was two weeks max. Smooth and with no drama. That being said, I think they had the art in hand and ready to ship. Sorry to hear of the multiple stories of delays and buyers getting ghosted, but I had a completely different experience. 

Bob

14 minutes ago, dichotomy said:

Update - I heard back on Nov 13th (3 weeks+ since payment) with an apology and that they had been at a con, and that they would get this out to me asap. Two weeks later and still nothing. We are now at 5 weeks since payment. 

UCC 30 days now applies.

After the one really bad interaction, and, after several previous years of great transactions with Mike Burkey, Tom Fleming, Will Gabri-El, Anthony Snyder and others, I don’t ever plan on trying to buy through Cadence again. Just too much hassle and too much runaround to get a simple piece of art. And, In hindsight all these years later, I’m thankful I didn’t get the art because I’m not a fan of the way Frison draws - one piece in pencil and another piece inked over a xerox (or whatever kind of printed-out copy it is that she makes) of the pencils. At the time, I didn’t really understand how I’d grow to feel about that type of art; it really made a difference to me later on. So, I feel like I dodged a bullet and I am very glad that I got my money back.

New poster, longtime infrequent lurker.

I ordered a commission from Cadence that was to be done at GalaxyCon Nov 8th-10th. Sent the money F&F as requested (which i prefer not to do) I contacted the rep I had the commission through and he said it was completed and given to customer service. Also it was noted that things were backed up and it probably wont ship out immediately. Not a big deal.

I live in an apartment that is frequented by one of 2 postal workers, one who doesn't like to come up the elevator and jams packages into the small mailboxes.

So I emailed them a few days after the con via there online contact form asking if they had any sort of a picture/preview of the piece and if they could email me when it ships to let me know so I can have the mail held at my local post office. I figured they might have a preview since they had posted a lot of other commission pictures from the con but not the one i commissioned. I did not receive a response. A week later after no response I sent the same email to the email attached to the Paypal address as well as another general cadence gmail address that was listed on there website. No reply.

Of course, soon after they started doing promotion for their black Friday and holiday sales, so I was just assuming that my emails had been/were just buried amongst new orders and inquiries that had taken priority.

Yesterday I messaged the original rep who took the commission request and was told it would ship today along with other outstanding orders. I hadn't thought too much to ask him for a status update because he said that he didn't stay til the end of the con and that the commission was passed off to customer service after it was finished. So, that's great news. I am looking forward to hopefully getting it by early next week and going to try to ignore all of the posts in here where people stated things were shipped when they had not been.

Overall, not a long wait by any means and never was worried about not getting my art, so i'm not really upset over it. But when I realized how bad the communication was and googled it and instantly ended up here in this ongoing thread about it, i just felt that I too am in a similar situation. Not saying I wont order anything from Cadence in the future, but they're certainly not my first choice folks to deal with.

On 12/4/2019 at 4:45 PM, JaredB90 said:

New poster, longtime infrequent lurker.

I ordered a commission from Cadence that was to be done at GalaxyCon Nov 8th-10th. Sent the money F&F as requested (which i prefer not to do) I contacted the rep I had the commission through and he said it was completed and given to customer service. Also it was noted that things were backed up and it probably wont ship out immediately. Not a big deal.

I live in an apartment that is frequented by one of 2 postal workers, one who doesn't like to come up the elevator and jams packages into the small mailboxes.

So I emailed them a few days after the con via there online contact form asking if they had any sort of a picture/preview of the piece and if they could email me when it ships to let me know so I can have the mail held at my local post office. I figured they might have a preview since they had posted a lot of other commission pictures from the con but not the one i commissioned. I did not receive a response. A week later after no response I sent the same email to the email attached to the Paypal address as well as another general cadence gmail address that was listed on there website. No reply.

Of course, soon after they started doing promotion for their black Friday and holiday sales, so I was just assuming that my emails had been/were just buried amongst new orders and inquiries that had taken priority.

Yesterday I messaged the original rep who took the commission request and was told it would ship today along with other outstanding orders. I hadn't thought too much to ask him for a status update because he said that he didn't stay til the end of the con and that the commission was passed off to customer service after it was finished. So, that's great news. I am looking forward to hopefully getting it by early next week and going to try to ignore all of the posts in here where people stated things were shipped when they had not been.

Overall, not a long wait by any means and never was worried about not getting my art, so i'm not really upset over it. But when I realized how bad the communication was and googled it and instantly ended up here in this ongoing thread about it, i just felt that I too am in a similar situation. Not saying I wont order anything from Cadence in the future, but they're certainly not my first choice folks to deal with.

Let us know, please, how long it takes to get it.

On 12/4/2019 at 3:45 PM, JaredB90 said:

Id celebrate once the piece is in hand..

7 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

Make sure Cadence (and anyone you order art from) sends it Signature Required.

lol They'll be lucky if tracking is provided. 

I dropped nearly all $8k on several pieces months back, explicitly pointing out for tracking to be provided as i work nights and they'd been neglecting to do so in the past.

What happens? I nearly trip over the package on my step on the way out the door to work one day. Been sitting out there for hours. Frustratingly they ship priority so tracking is included, but actually providing it us a whole other matter apparently. 

*I will point out this is when i pay f&f, so tracking isn't provided by PP automatically when postage is purchased (we worked out a deal, so i felt slighty obligated to cut out the fees)

**Also they aren't exclusive to this. There's another well known rep I've purchased several times from who ships priority & doesn't provide tracking. Why??

Edited by awayne83

5 hours ago, awayne83 said:

lol They'll be lucky if tracking is provided. 

I dropped nearly all $8k on several pieces months back, explicitly pointing out for tracking to be provided as i work nights and they'd been neglecting to do so in the past.

What happens? I nearly trip over the package on my step on the way out the door to work one day. Been sitting out there for hours. Frustratingly they ship priority so tracking is included, but actually providing it us a whole other matter apparently. 

*I will point out this is when i pay f&f, so tracking isn't provided by PP automatically when postage is purchased (we worked out a deal, so i felt slighty obligated to cut out the fees)

**Also they aren't exclusive to this. There's another well known rep I've purchased several times from who ships priority & doesn't provide tracking. Why??

Ya, no tracking provided. Ive had other packages show up without any communication about it before as well so im not holding them exclusively at fault for that i guess.. But really these all feel like a bunch of small, easily rectifiable problems that could result in pretty big losses, of both customers and possibly artwork. 

I used to be a glassblower and shipped things out 6 days a week if i needed to and tracking was always the easiest part of the whole process. Is it more time consuming when you have more packages to ship? sure but more packages shipping out means more money coming in, so you should take the time. 

If they ship priority like you folks have said then there is a strong chance that it could arrive today, again assuming it shipped out when i was told it would.

Edited by JaredB90

I bought from Cadence in May/June.  Communication with Paolo was really fast.  I bought art from two different artists.  The art for the first came and then I emailed that night that I only got the pieces from one of the artists.  By 8 am next morning he wrote back quickly saying the other artist was sending it to me directly and he had the tracking number that showed it was just delivered.

So in my experience really fast responses on my questions about a number of artworks, and fast responses for the delays.  I believe the other posters who had poor communication but my experience was the opposite.