• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comunication problem with Cadence Comic Art
6 6

199 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, JaredB90 said:

Arrived safe and sound. Really happy with the commission so all is well that ends well, I suppose.

Not really. They needlessly pissed off a customer who now has reason to think twice whether buying a piece In the future from them is worth the aggravation, and damaged their standing in the community by being indirectly responsible for this thread. It could have gone worse, but no, all is not well. Reputation is something which is hard to repair. 

6 hours ago, JaredB90 said:

I suppose.

You've got that right.

5 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Not really. They needlessly pissed off a customer who now has reason to think twice whether buying a piece In the future from them is worth the aggravation, and damaged their standing in the community by being indirectly responsible for this thread. It could have gone worse, but no, all is not well. Reputation is something which is hard to repair. 

Correct.

My first transaction with them was two years ago, it did not go well but was resolved in only five weeks with mostly but one-sided communication (me).

I have not been back.

11 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Cant really argue there. I mostly just meant as far as how I feel about the sketch, it's just quite a relief. I admit being happy with the commission itself has taken some of the sting out of the experience. But I wouldn't fault anyone for avoiding them given the issues that they have been dealing with for a while, but I do hope they're able to make some changes with there customer service. Because it does suck to be spending a good bit of money on something and just feel like you're being ignored for weeks at a time, It's really not acceptable. And at the end of the day, once things were set in motion everything worked out and i got the piece really quickly, so it just seems like the extra month+ of waiting was just unnecessary for a piece that was ready to go. 

Still probably hard for me to avoid dealing with them just given some of the artists they represent. But with the bar being set sort of low, in regards to the customer service side of things, I guess I can expect a better experience next time..

19 minutes ago, JaredB90 said:

Cant really argue there. I mostly just meant as far as how I feel about the sketch, it's just quite a relief. I admit being happy with the commission itself has taken some of the sting out of the experience. But I wouldn't fault anyone for avoiding them given the issues that they have been dealing with for a while, but I do hope they're able to make some changes with there customer service. Because it does suck to be spending a good bit of money on something and just feel like you're being ignored for weeks at a time, It's really not acceptable. And at the end of the day, once things were set in motion everything worked out and i got the piece really quickly, so it just seems like the extra month+ of waiting was just unnecessary for a piece that was ready to go. 

Still probably hard for me to avoid dealing with them just given some of the artists they represent. But with the bar being set sort of low, in regards to the customer service side of things, I guess I can expect a better experience next time..

If you want to read a real collection of horror stories, go to the Facebook group entitled "Comic Art Buyers Beware".

On 12/21/2019 at 3:02 PM, JaredB90 said:

Your situation stinks... and I myself had a small problem with them on a piece being delayed but later found out it was a real life situation that caused that. and have since had a few very pleasant transactions. In your case this really sounds like the piece was not finished by the artist in the time it was supposed to and they were trying to protect/deflect until they got it. Just like us when we commission a piece directly they are at the mercy of the talent...obviously they should have better recourse being the rep but the talent still has to produce. 

But we need to see it now!!

21 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Your situation stinks... and I myself had a small problem with them on a piece being delayed but later found out it was a real life situation that caused that. and have since had a few very pleasant transactions. In your case this really sounds like the piece was not finished by the artist in the time it was supposed to and they were trying to protect/deflect until they got it. Just like us when we commission a piece directly they are at the mercy of the talent...obviously they should have better recourse being the rep but the talent still has to produce. 

But we need to see it now!!

Could be the case. It was interestingly shipped from a location that I do not believe Cadence or the artist operate out of. I do think it was complete and the original information is potentially correct in that it was a late finished piece that got sent to customer service, but i wouldnt be surprised if it just got buried. He did post 8 or so other pieces he cranked out at the con. I could probably speculate all day as to what exactly happened but I am cool to chalk it up to occasional absent mindedness...too occasional if the other posts in this thread are any indication.

17 hours ago, dichotomy said:

Cadence posted a piece Thursday evening and I reached out to them about it. Received an immediate reply with a payment link, and then a tracking number about an hour after I made payment. Received the art today (Monday). Practically flawless and a nice contrast to the previous experience. 

This was very similar to a Black Friday purchase I made in 2019.  It was the evening of Black Friday, 2019 and I saw a piece that was recently discounted that I wanted.  I sent an e-mail inquiring about the piece.  Within an hour (around 11pm EST) I had a response with a payment link.  I paid right away.  I had the piece in-hand the following Monday or Tuesday.  This felt very similar to a piece I bought about 18 months earlier.  Communication was quick and the art was shipped securely. 

I can't help but wonder if the problem is artist-specific.  In my case, the artists were Santolouco and Wachter and they were published pieces that Paolo had in-hand.  Maybe certain artists involve more delays? 

34 minutes ago, Turtle said:

This was very similar to a Black Friday purchase I made in 2019.  It was the evening of Black Friday, 2019 and I saw a piece that was recently discounted that I wanted.  I sent an e-mail inquiring about the piece.  Within an hour (around 11pm EST) I had a response with a payment link.  I paid right away.  I had the piece in-hand the following Monday or Tuesday.  This felt very similar to a piece I bought about 18 months earlier.  Communication was quick and the art was shipped securely. 

I can't help but wonder if the problem is artist-specific.  In my case, the artists were Santolouco and Wachter and they were published pieces that Paolo had in-hand.  Maybe certain artists involve more delays? 

Almost definitely. I think the piece I had trouble with was with the artist overseas. 

6 hours ago, Peter L said:

I amend my previous good experience.  I think I will have the worst story that I have experienced in over 15 years of comic art collecting....

You buried the lead. I thought that one transaction you mentioned was done? Care to elaborate?

Let's see how this plays out now.

Email'd them around 12/1 about some art, they sent me an invoice on 12/7, paid about 15 minutes later.  Radio silence since then.  But they've been kind enough to send me 3 other emails about their sales and "art drops".  So they are active, just not responding to me.

I've sent a couple of follow ups and have had 0 response.

8 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

Email'd them around 12/1 about some art, they sent me an invoice on 12/7, paid about 15 minutes later.  Radio silence since then.  But they've been kind enough to send me 3 other emails about their sales and "art drops".  So they are active, just not responding to me.

Hope it wasn’t a holiday gift.

I bought a couple of items late November, paid right away, good timely initial communication, some radio silence , then after some inquiry on my part last week I got a friendly email explaining the art had to arrive from the artist first and there were some delays due to COVID. Shortly thereafter I got a tracking number so it looks like the whole thing is back on track . So I think it is just a matter of slow processing at a busy time (they apparently sold a fair amount of stuff from artists like Asrar and Walta recently). Will keep you posted when the art arrives. 

Carlo

On 1/4/2021 at 8:59 AM, Pete Marino said:

I get a lot of promotional emails from them.