• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fed Ex...making me sad

13 posts in this topic

Someone suggested an HP8300 scanner to do my slab scans recently and I found one used on eBay for $49. Great deal for a scanner that was $800 new. I checked today & saw it was "delivered". Nope didn't happen. Called FedEx & they told me to wait until the 13th while they look for it and then file a claim with eBay. Was looking forward to scanning my slabs and not having blurry pics, lol. Since I've never had a package lost I was just wondering what the odds are that they actually locate it. I have a feeling I'll be shopping for a scanner again on the 13th. 

Dix.gif

2 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

Someone suggested an HP8300 scanner to do my slab scans recently and I found one used on eBay for $49. Great deal for a scanner that was $800 new. I checked today & saw it was "delivered". Nope didn't happen. Called FedEx & they told me to wait until the 13th while they look for it and then file a claim with eBay. Was looking forward to scanning my slabs and not having blurry pics, lol. Since I've never had a package lost I was just wondering what the odds are that they actually locate it. I have a feeling I'll be shopping for a scanner again on the 13th. 

Dix.gif

:tonofbricks:

Was this FedEx Ground?  Never had any major issues with FedEx Air, but ground delivered my package to the wrong address twice in row.  Was lucky that they were able to retrace their steps and recover them. 

5 hours ago, sd2416 said:

Link?  I may be interested in one as well. 

I should have bought the other one, but now it's gone from the seller's site. Pretty sure I could have gotten my $49 back pretty easily. It was one of these...

HP ScanJet 8300 Flatbed Image Scanner (Probably taking you to some other scanner now)

On ‎2018‎/‎08‎/‎10 at 9:50 AM, Brian48 said:

Was this FedEx Ground?  Never had any major issues with FedEx Air, but ground delivered my package to the wrong address twice in row.  Was lucky that they were able to retrace their steps and recover them. 

I wish the focus wasn't on speed and instead on quality. I honestly would rather they take their time, and make sure the packages are being delivered where they are supposed to be, instead of leaving your CGC Iron Man 1 9.2 Western Penn pedigree package leaning against the front door to your 60 unit apartment building. :facepalm:

Glad I arrived home within 30 seconds of the delivery. The truck was *just* driving away. One of the other tenants was looking at the box as they were pulling open the front door and it fell over and the door pushed it towards the side as they went inside.

Just ridiculous...

A few years ago, I ordered a self feeding electric snake for drain stoppages. FedEx notified by email me of the day it would be delivered and that my signature was required. The day they picked for delivery was a day I and my family were going to a picnic and no one would be home to accept and sign for the delivery. I responded to their notice by calling and informing them to delay the delivery, which they confirmed for me. If you haven't guessed what happened yet, here it is, I got home from the picnic at about 9:00 PM to find the carton containing the snake on my front porch. Luckily, no one had taken it but I still wonder who signed for the delivery if no one was home?

14 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

The scanner finally arrived on Friday. 8 days after FedEx marked it as delivered. :smirk:  Better late than never! Managed to scan my slabs this weekend so all is good. :insane: Now just trying to figure out the best settings & best placement for the slabs.

ASM_700_Ditko_1.jpg

Scanner way off that's not Fantasy 15. I would call FedEx and return it :cry:

mouth shut.jpg

Edited by woowoo