• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider Man 301
1 1

87 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ThoseBackPages said:

mis-wraps should never be granted 9.8!

No, they shouldn't be granted 9.9/10.0  People over think the 9.8 grade. It's NM/MT meaning it's nicer than a NM and close to MT, which means small defects are allowed. 9.8 isn't the same as MT. I see people complain all the time, "How can this be a 9.8 with this 1/1000th of an inch spine crease??  

5 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

No, they shouldn't be granted 9.9/10.0  People over think the 9.8 grade. It's NM/MT meaning it's nicer than a NM and close to MT, which means small defects are allowed. 9.8 isn't the same as MT. I see people complain all the time, "How can this be a 9.8 with this 1/1000th of an inch spine crease??  

oh, i hear ya.  that was just me ranting :) 

On 11/16/2018 at 4:14 AM, Wolverinex said:
On 11/15/2018 at 6:34 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It might be best to ask in spare a grade thread, if I knew I'd tell you though.  :foryou:

I think that it can be pressed, but I am not positive....

If it was do to storage, may I ask how they were stored that you think caused it?

I noticed a bit of this type of action, and it looks like a bit of a spine roll.... I stacked comics about a month on top of each other in bags and boards flat on top of each other. They were my stack that I was going to take to the LCS to send for grading. I looked at them periodically and noticed this slight raise toward the spine while the rest laid flat. It looked similar to what your ASM #301 appears to be doing....

I think it might be due to comics being stack on top of each other... I feel like I see this often with older comics too..

Yes, except this spine roll on the Spidey 301 here appears to be relatively severe for such a recent book.

And I am certainly not that enamoured with the multiple and rather obvious stress ticks on the spine of the book.  Aren't these the kind of defects that the current grading team at CGC usually applies a very heavy hammer to.  (shrug)

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, except this spine roll on the Spidey 301 here appears to be relatively severe for such a recent book.

And I am certainly not that enamoured with the multiple and rather obvious stress ticks on the spine of the book.  Aren't these the kind of defects that the current grading team at CGC usually applies a very heavy hammer to.  (shrug)

I think so.  That's why I wonder if a press would help clear out some of these issues