• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider Man 301
1 1

87 posts in this topic

On 11/11/2018 at 9:05 PM, I like pie said:

There was one on MCS starting at $1650. They dropped the price about $100/week until it got to $1385. It was up for four days until it sold.:wishluck:

$1,650...

"They dropped the price about $100/week"

...one week later... $1,550...

...one week later... $1,450...

...one week later... $1,385, and sold.

"It was up for four days until it sold."

confused_julia_400px.jpg

30 minutes ago, valiantman said:

$1,650...

"They dropped the price about $100/week"

...one week later... $1,550...

...one week later... $1,450...

...one week later... $1,385, and sold.

"It was up for four days until it sold."

confused_julia_400px.jpg

It sold on their dual listing on ebay. Too bad whoever bought it doesn't know to get it cheaper on mcs

22 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Got my copy today.  There is a slight waviness about 1 cm from the spine likely after being stored.  You can see it through the 301 digits.  can this be pressed out?

It might be best to ask in spare a grade thread, if I knew I'd tell you though.  :foryou:

I think that it can be pressed, but I am not positive....

If it was do to storage, may I ask how they were stored that you think caused it?

I noticed a bit of this type of action, and it looks like a bit of a spine roll.... I stacked comics about a month on top of each other in bags and boards flat on top of each other. They were my stack that I was going to take to the LCS to send for grading. I looked at them periodically and noticed this slight raise toward the spine while the rest laid flat. It looked similar to what your ASM #301 appears to be doing....

9 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It might be best to ask in spare a grade thread, if I knew I'd tell you though.  :foryou:

I think that it can be pressed, but I am not positive....

If it was do to storage, may I ask how they were stored that you think caused it?

I noticed a bit of this type of action, and it looks like a bit of a spine roll.... I stacked comics about a month on top of each other in bags and boards flat on top of each other. They were my stack that I was going to take to the LCS to send for grading. I looked at them periodically and noticed this slight raise toward the spine while the rest laid flat. It looked similar to what your ASM #301 appears to be doing....

I think it might be due to comics being stack on top of each other... I feel like I see this often with older comics too..

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I think it might be due to comics being stack on top of each other... I feel like I see this often with older comics too..

Ya I got a lot of 9.4's and such with that submission too, so I learned my lesson ;) not to stack comics like that...

20 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I stacked comics about a month on top of each other in bags and boards flat on top of each other. They were my stack that I was going to take to the LCS to send for grading. I looked at them periodically and noticed this slight raise toward the spine while the rest laid flat.

That should not happen with bagged and boarded comics unless you don't know how to stack properly. The bulging/curling is a storage issue caused by uneven pressure, often exacerbated by spines being slightly thicker than the rest of the book.

5 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

That should not happen with bagged and boarded comics unless you don't know how to stack properly. The bulging/curling is a storage issue caused by uneven pressure, often exacerbated by spines being slightly thicker than the rest of the book.

They are just supposed to be evenly distributed over the backing board above the next, correct? I'll admit that I wasn't vigilant about the stacking, I wasn't too concerned at first. :$

After I saw it on 1 or 2 I tried to correct the issue, but I think that it was too late! :eek:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Too not to

They should be perfectly aligned to avoid problems like this.

I recently bought some comic bundles at a local show. They were in single bags, tightly packed top to bottom but looser side to side, which affected some of the contents. Luckily, at least most of the best books were fine.