• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

On-Site grading fees?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2018 at 8:30 AM, sillysophical said:

Can anyone post the current prices for CGC grading at conventions?  Can't seem to find it elsewhere.  Thanks in advance.

:flipbait:

From my experience at shows, CGC will limit submissions from each individual once they reach a certain level of business.  This helps them finish and return books before shows end.  Of course that's most dependent on the volume of dealer submissions made before a show opens to the general public.

A phone call should get you the info you seek:

Onsite grading:
Available at events as indicated.
For further details, please contact CGC Customer Service at 1.877.NM.COMIC.

Edited by namisgr

On 8/19/2018 at 10:57 AM, snitzer said:

Also wondering..is there a limit on the # of books, per customer, that can be submitted?

If you are doing a drop off.  Where they take them back to HQ grade them and mail them back then it's "virtually unlimited".  That allows you to save on shipping the books (and the risk) down to HQ.

Though as stated above; if you are wanting the books back by end of the show you will want to get in early and I think they'll keep you to what you can submit on an invoice (25 ish?)

3 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

If you are doing a drop off.  Where they take them back to HQ grade them and mail them back then it's "virtually unlimited".  That allows you to save on shipping the books (and the risk) down to HQ.

Though as stated above; if you are wanting the books back by end of the show you will want to get in early and I think they'll keep you to what you can submit on an invoice (25 ish?)

It’s on-site for Baltimore so the latter and 25 is more than enough...I’m looking at having eight or so graded while there. And yes, I’m set to be there early, on day 1. 

Any idea on price per book or is still based on the tiers and “approximate” value?