• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four #48...CGC 9.8
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I am fortunate enough to have a Fantastic Four #48 graded as a 9.8...I am the original owner, glad I packed it away safely as a kid...I knew it was a VERY high grade when I sent it off to CGC, actually thought it might grade out as a 9.9...

I am struggling with assigning a value to it...I compare other 9.8's asking prices and have seen amounts ranging from $25,000 to $44,000...my struggle is that a comparison of my issue to others advertised is that MINE really looks the best..hands down, ....is it really worth this much...worth is certainly determined by different opinions...Anyone have any ideas or comments? I am retired and preparing to sell off my collection...FF#48 and a few others are my "Holy Grails" and I would love to price them correctly...seeking advice

18 minutes ago, Riskman Enterprises said:

I am fortunate enough to have a Fantastic Four #48 graded as a 9.8...I am the original owner, glad I packed it away safely as a kid...I knew it was a VERY high grade when I sent it off to CGC, actually thought it might grade out as a 9.9...

I am struggling with assigning a value to it...I compare other 9.8's asking prices and have seen amounts ranging from $25,000 to $44,000...my struggle is that a comparison of my issue to others advertised is that MINE really looks the best..hands down, ....is it really worth this much...worth is certainly determined by different opinions...Anyone have any ideas or comments? I am retired and preparing to sell off my collection...FF#48 and a few others are my "Holy Grails" and I would love to price them correctly...seeking advice

Have GPA (https://comics.gpanalysis.com/default.asp)? See below for this book, but if you have more, especially of this caliber, it will be worth the $11/month. Qty 42 9.8's on the census...no 9.9's.

ff48.thumb.JPG.e5e61c63bf714977700a7864188dfa4f.JPG

Many would argue that it's a great time to be liquidating...equally important is what venue you're going to use to sell-off. Best of luck with your endeavors.

Edited by Callaway29

The book (acc to GPA) is rising in price.

What your book will fetch will be determined by someone who wants a copy and what they are willing to pay.

You can auction your book through a reputable venue and let the market decide.

Or you can float it around and wait for a buyer to pay something you're comfortable with.

Breaking new ground when it comes to pricing is tough unless it happens at auction and two bidders duke it out for the book. The exception would be finding someone who needs a copy asap and are willing to pay for it.

To the OP - if you have held on so long I would suggest waiting another 3 years if you can. The reason I say is because there is a very high chance these 2 (SS and Galactus) will be the next MCU arch. The books value will increase and you can probably get closer to that 44k (and if not more) the longer you wait. 

Good luck on whatever you choose!

RickyB

Edited by RICKYBOBBY

On 8/20/2018 at 10:08 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

The OP has has been asking this same question in various threads for a year now, without ever showing a picture. (shrug)

Yep.  Also, one thread he started says he purchased it over 20 years ago.   I suppose that could be OO.  It would be nice to see the book, though.

10 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

hm

If I had a 9.8, I’d sell it and pick up a 9.4-9.6 and keep the change.

If I had a 9.8 I would sell it and buy an 8.0.  Then, I would take the boat to the Bahamas for a month with the change.  :smile:

On 8/10/2018 at 11:46 AM, Riskman Enterprises said:

Pictures?