• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any John Romita SR signings?
3 3

18 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, Kenny37 said:

Any upcoming Jon Romita signings, I'm never seeing him at cons,  but I do see a bunch of people with CGCs of his for like new books, anyone know where I can find out when/where he will have one? 

NY Comics also acts as facilitators for signings by Mr. Romita. That's where I got mine. (thumbsu

http://www.nycomics.us/

On 8/10/2018 at 3:18 PM, Black_Adam said:

NY Comics also acts as facilitators for signings by Mr. Romita. That's where I got mine. (thumbsu

http://www.nycomics.us/

I contacted them and they are no longer acting facilitating autographs for Mr. Romita... Does anyone out there know of any facilitators that are? or is he for all intents and purposes not doing autographs anymore?

3 hours ago, Avirium said:

I contacted them and they are no longer acting facilitating autographs for Mr. Romita... Does anyone out there know of any facilitators that are? or is he for all intents and purposes not doing autographs anymore?

Desert Wind has an upcoming signing listed on their page. My guess is this may be one of the last opportunities to get Jazzy John's sig as I had previously heard he had retired from the autograph biz. Spots are $120 per sig (plus fees) and I bet they will go fast!

1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

Desert Wind has an upcoming signing listed on their page. My guess is this may be one of the last opportunities to get Jazzy John's sig as I had previously heard he had retired from the autograph biz. Spots are $120 per sig (plus fees) and I bet they will go fast!

their descriptions are even more confusing than CGG

so does the $120 fee cover the sig and slabbing or just the sig?

what are the other minimum costs?  I assume what we pay to ship to them and what we choose for them to charge us for return shipping .... anything else I’m missing?

really wish CGC was running this one

1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

Friends don't let friends use DW

Wow, $120 for Romita and $110 for Jim Lee. Add shipping, slabbing and processing fee, its gonna be expensive.

Heard some bad experiences on these boards that does warrant doubt. I personally subbed 5 9.8 slabbed books to them, 2 came back 9.8, 2 9.6 and 1 9.4. It's a gamble.

On 1/27/2021 at 7:50 PM, Brooklynmet said:

I have had good experiences with Chandler ( God rest his soul) and Sharron from Desert Wind Comics.  They are honorable and professional.  If you have questions email Kristine.  It’s all good 

Then you're one of the lucky ones. Plenty of horror stories around here about them. If everything goes good with your experience, then yes they're great. If anything goes wrong, well.... I'll just say Sharron is one the worst people I've EVER had the displeasure of working with.

Good luck getting them to admit fault if they damage your books. They damaged my JIM83 and offered me a measly $200. I had to go through my insurance company and PayPal to get restitution.

The REAL kicker? After that, they stole some books from me and refused to return them.  As of right now they still have my ASM 129, ASM 101, ASM 361 and Thor 225 that they just flat out refuse to return

$120 is absolutely disgusting, trying to price gouge  because this legend is near the end in all respects. His signature from Twin Cities not even a year ago was $75

If you are desperate, I suppose there is no choice, but I'm so glad I got my books done last year  and  now in hand .................

On 1/29/2021 at 7:49 AM, Nic8612 said:

Then you're one of the lucky ones. Plenty of horror stories around here about them. If everything goes good with your experience, then yes they're great. If anything goes wrong, well.... I'll just say Sharron is one the worst people I've EVER had the displeasure of working with.

Good luck getting them to admit fault if they damage your books. They damaged my JIM83 and offered me a measly $200. I had to go through my insurance company and PayPal to get restitution.

The REAL kicker? After that, they stole some books from me and refused to return them.  As of right now they still have my ASM 129, ASM 101, ASM 361 and Thor 225 that they just flat out refuse to return

I’ve had a good experience with them as well, this was back before Chandler passed away. He walked me through the process of filling out the form and I sent my ASM #129 in to them and had it signed by John Romita Sr. It took 5 months before I got my book back, but it came back in the condition I sent it in as. DWC is a huge gamble and it comes down as a risk you’re willing to take.