• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Qualified Sigature grading

17 posts in this topic

Depends totally on what you value in what you grade

11 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

It sounds like he would get a Qualified grade as the book is already signed. I don't think it's worth submitting. (shrug) 

Well if he hits a 9.9 or 10.0 on an AA10, it’s still probably justifiable from a financial perspective, even if it’s green.  Or if he’s a billionaire and it’s his first and favorite comic.

Depends on the book, the grade, the person.  He’d have to give more info to get a less vague answer 

1 hour ago, revat said:

Well if he hits a 9.9 or 10.0 on an AA10, it’s still probably justifiable from a financial perspective, even if it’s green.  Or if he’s a billionaire and it’s his first and favorite comic.

Depends on the book, the grade, the person.  He’d have to give more info to get a less vague answer 

I wonder if it's possible to get a 9.9/10.0 with a Qualified Label ? I don't think I've even seen a 9.8 Green. Definitely 9.6, in fact I got a couple myself over the years.

8 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I wonder if it's possible to get a 9.9/10.0 with a Qualified Label ? I don't think I've even seen a 9.8 Green. Definitely 9.6, in fact I got a couple myself over the years.

Take a look around...I think you'll be surprised. I know I was...  :whatthe:

On 8/12/2018 at 1:17 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

I've got some green 9.8s..."Writing on Cover" i.e. unwitnessed sig. 

On 8/12/2018 at 12:17 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

Neither have I, but I’m truly new to all this.  I’d like to see what it comes back as.  Even if it’s qualified it would look nice Graded even if for just my personal collection 

I would leave it in that top loader. It looks nice as is.  If you continue to progress into slabbed books, either signed or unsigned, you will, later on, regret green labeling a book like this. That is at least my experience.  A 9.2-9.4 green label slab will likely end up getting cracked and put back in a mylar. Save your self the time and money.

--S.

2 hours ago, Bobs204 said:

Here is the picture.   The signature is in the middle 

7FF42F2B-EEDA-4D6A-8A25-3E5C904F3FC0.jpeg

I like the signature placement, he was careful not to disrupt the artwork. I could only imagine what Stan Lee would do with this cover, probably muck it all up. I agree with Fingh, leave it alone, you will regret it someday.  Assuming you will only be submitting one book the costs will be very high, not worth it to get a Green Label. 

49 minutes ago, FN-2199 said:

I like to buy them for the Green Label discount. 

Very true. I bought books with signatures on either on the front cover or 1st page (reasonable prices). One time, I sold Bone #1 CGC 9.8 Qualified for $1700 before it became hot. I bought it for only $150. That was in 1998.

Edited by JollyComics