• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Printing defects
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I am new to this forum and I had a question. I recently picked up an amazing spiderman 800. It is a very thick book as I am sure you all know. The staples in the spine did not go all the way through and there are 2 loose pages in the middle of the book, that the staple never went through. You can easily remove the pages, there are no holes in them. Is this a common problem on thick issues? Does this ruin any worth of the comic book?

Yea, Marvel's current over-sized books are full of defects. Usually they have bindery tears on the bottom corner. If you just purchased this, I would check into a return & swap it out. There's a very good chance they have plenty more. (thumbsu

17 hours ago, MARK ARNEY said:

Hello, I am new to this forum and I had a question. I recently picked up an amazing spiderman 800. It is a very thick book as I am sure you all know. The staples in the spine did not go all the way through and there are 2 loose pages in the middle of the book, that the staple never went through. You can easily remove the pages, there are no holes in them. Is this a common problem on thick issues? Does this ruin any worth of the comic book?

I agree with both comments above. Assuming you bought this in person, you need to be proactive and inspect the book before buying. You do not want to submit this book, take it back from where you bought it.

On 8/12/2018 at 11:23 PM, MARK ARNEY said:

how bad is a cgc green label? basically worthless? what if its a green label because it is unwitnessed autographs? would it be better to not get it slabbed than to have a green label?

It's a very common brand new book, so yeah it's pretty much worthless. Sending this to CGC would be a waste. A green label on a new book wouldn't be good unless you've grown attached to it in this short time and want to preserve it forever. Get a refund, exchange it, buy another one. Any of those would be a better option.