• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your more obscure favorite comics? Hidden gems?
2 2

77 posts in this topic

More obscure recommendations please!  I am reading Sandman Mystery Theatre (through first arc).  How did I ever miss this?  Should I read the entire series or just the Wagner/Davis stuff?  Also have Dalgoda on my reading pile along with Night Force.  Much more fun than reading new releases which i haven't missed at all in the last month.

48 minutes ago, comicartfan said:

This might not be obscure, but I think it's fallen off a lot of people's radar. I loved this series when it came out and it was one of the first comic stories I ever read completely. 

b70f1f97594f211a61fa8f31b4778030.1500

Loved that series.  I need to re-read. 

Patrick

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:44 PM, Scrooge said:

Not sure it qualifies as obscure but this is a series that one can read again and again but is never much referred to -

632327.jpg

I used to do the digital coloring on this book. It was very difficult as DC would want like a 3% cyan or whatever and on screen it was impossible to see on screen. I would read it as I colored it and thought it was a cool read.

7 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

Loved Crystar back then. Such a different look than other books at the time IIRC. I am guessing this is never going to Marvel Unlimited b/c of licensing issues. I guess I'll have to look for the originals.

Good news. Marvel owns the license.

The toys were first sold in late 1982; the Marvel Comics series was first published in the spring of 1983.[1] Since the toys were released first, many assumed the comic had been a licensed adaptation of the toyline, but Crystar and all of the characters in the toy line and comic book were created and owned by Marvel Comics, which had created the concept with the express intent of selling the license to a toy company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Saga_of_Crystar