• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E level art

23 posts in this topic

With all the discussion of A and B art - it's clear not all art is created equal.  If Jack Kirby drew this- it may have been B or C level, but without a doubt - this is a piece of art that brings a smile to my face and I am glad to have been able to add to my collection.  E is for Elvira.

If you got art that you love but is not about to win any popularity contests - feel free to post here.

You can see my art and read my comments HERE. 

94genDZ4_2507180222051gpadd-1.jpg

Edited by Panelfan1

9 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

With all the discussion of A and B art - it's clear not all art is created equal.  If Jack Kirby drew this- it may have been B or C level, but without a doubt - this is a piece of art that brings a smile to my face and I am glad to have been able to add to my collection.  E is for Elvira.

If you got art that you love but is not about to win any popularity contests - feel free to post here.

You can see my art and read my comments HERE. 

94genDZ4_2507180222051gpadd-1.jpg

I love that page too! I may even pick up an Elvira page, or two, because I know an artist working on her book right now. 

8 hours ago, malvin said:

heh heh, it will be awhile (long story) but I might post an E-level Tony Moore walking dead art (published) for sale soon.

Let's hope this thread is still around then!

Malvin

There are E-level Tony Moore walking dead pages? 

All my art is A level for me or I wouldn't buy it.  I'm sure most of you feel the same about your purchases. Here's an example for your thread. The piece below sat on a dealers site for over a year with no takers.  It was a piece that really grabbed me when I first saw it but it wasn't part of a story and wasn't actually a character. I had other priorities of art I was searching for but I would always come back and view this on the dealers site.  Probably twice a month.  And then I realized why I kept coming back to this and decided it belonged with me.  I will probably never sell it because no one else wanted it, ha. It is just an illustration that accompanies an article at the back of a Brubaker Criminal comic.  Its called Korean Noir.  Now this piece really speaks to me. I love neo-noir.  This scene could be the opening of the best crime story never written or the finale to it. Hey, I like that, maybe I'll add that description to it on my CAF.

KN.jpg

Edited by Oddball

4 hours ago, Oddball said:

All my art is A level for me or I wouldn't buy it.  I'm sure most of you feel the same about your purchases.

If only that were true. Since I focus on the character, I sometime buy mediocre art because I want a piece which is representative of the artist or something else. 

56 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

If only that were true. Since I focus on the character, I sometime buy mediocre art because I want a piece which is representative of the artist or something else. 

Can you post an example?

56 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

Can you post an example?

Hey, a topic where I actually have examples of art discussed...E level!  :-)

I think this fits the bill.  It has Spider-man, Jessica Jones, Galactus, Daredevil, and the Avengers.  But it's also done by Rob Guillory, who I love, but is an indie creator-owned artist with a very exaggerated cartoon style.  Plus all the characters are in really goofy situations (geriatric Avengers passed out Daredevil).  No one would view this as high comic art

Secrete Wars too.JPG

44 minutes ago, Sooners151 said:

Hey, a topic where I actually have examples of art discussed...E level!  :-)

I think this fits the bill.  It has Spider-man, Jessica Jones, Galactus, Daredevil, and the Avengers.  But it's also done by Rob Guillory, who I love, but is an indie creator-owned artist with a very exaggerated cartoon style.  Plus all the characters are in really goofy situations (geriatric Avengers passed out Daredevil).  No one would view this as high comic art

Secrete Wars too.JPG

The request was for an example of mediocre art.  This is not that. Ha ha.its cartoony for sure - but not mediocre.

43 minutes ago, Oddball said:

You never said mediocre.  You said art we love that won’t win popularity contests.

You are right. This thread is not about mediocre ary - but there was a comment made that I was replying to.  If you double check my original comment  was replying to Rick2you2 who had said he had bought mediocre art. I was asking HIM to post the example of which he spoke. The comment peaked my curiosity.   SOONERS161 replied instead - which is the fun of these threads.  So it's all good! Ha ha.

Edited by Panelfan1

41 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

Here is an odd one. Full spalsh, non hero,pg 1, ehhh art and only going for $100 on the bay. What's funny is I'm actually drawn to it, don't know why. So A,B,C,D......or E?

Power of Shazam #33 Pete Krause

khnlbljvkhg.thumb.jpg.fa35806ec41cbaa3e56a5184c374ed35.jpg

E is for Elvira - and this guy is no sexy thing - but if you like it- who are we to judge. Question - do you like it because it's from the title Shazam that you enjoy? Or is it is something else and if so what is it? 

30 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

E is for Elvira - and this guy is no sexy thing - but if you like it- who are we to judge. Question - do you like it because it's from the title Shazam that you enjoy? Or is it is something else and if so what is it? 

I thought E was for eyewear, my fault. I can't explain what draws me to it, but I like it, I think? The main reason was to see where this would rank in the much talked about ABCD and now E ranking. No hero, lower tier artist, and rock bottom pricing. But it is a splash and a page 1 title that maybe has appeal?????