• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Childhood Memories: The Toys of the Silver and Bronze Age
4 4

358 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2018 at 5:43 PM, BriD. said:

Micronauts were awesome! Microtron was a little odd though 

Microtron 1.JPG

I had one I agree he was odd. Considerably larger than the other figures I remember my Microtron sat in my box of toys disassembled and the bottom tracks used on another vehicle. If I remember correctly the box had a picture and you could reconfigure Microtron to be another vehicle as a time traveler type figure could fit on it. I took the head off and used the round red things at the arms as wheels. But that was what I loved about Micronauts: because they were so interchangeable a little kid with an overactive imagination could dream up anything. :cloud9:

I remember those mechanical arms and the head ended up attached to a mego body. I made some weird robot out of a planet of the apes body. 

Edited by Artboy99

44 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

I'd bet nearly everyone had one of these if they grew up in the late 60s/early 70s. I think they were a mandatory Xmas present (along with Doodle Art and Lite Brite) and if I recall they came with a disk showing the Seven Wonders of the World. But for me Peanuts were always my favorite, the colors so vivid and the 3D so real I would stare into it endlessly, trying to wish myself inside that Viewmaster. :cloud9:

Image result for view master 1970s

Viewmaster was awesome! So much fun :applause:

1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

I'd bet nearly everyone had one of these if they grew up in the late 60s/early 70s. I think they were a mandatory Xmas present (along with Doodle Art and Lite Brite) and if I recall they came with a disk showing the Seven Wonders of the World. But for me Peanuts were always my favorite, the colors so vivid and the 3D so real I would stare into it endlessly, trying to wish myself inside that Viewmaster. :cloud9:

Image result for view master 1970s

Pfffttt!!!

I had the Viewmaster AND the Talking Viewmaster.

Peasants!

7e8a4cff435fff1dc409a8495a3d528c--my-bab

21 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Interesting. 

Looks like it would fit in with the Mattel Shogun Warriors/Godzilla line. Even has similar letterhead on the box, but no Shogun logo. 

Zorr was a styrofoam glider/kite. He was tethered to a string by a clip you could yank once he was up in the air and then he’d glide down by himself. He was next to impossible to get up there and also broke easily. I suspect most kids had the same problem since he was not on the shelves very long.

One of my favorite toys growing up....I believe there were many variations/manufacturers of these, but this one was similar to mine (it's missing the plastic antennae on its shoulder).

It would walk (actually roll on small one-directional wheels on the bottom of its feet) for a little ways, then it would stop and the antenna would turn (like it's picking up a signal) and the screen on the front would light up and cool space scenes would rotate on it from top to bottom. 

14460374_1m.jpg?v=8CF872AE09708A0

Here's a video of a different version that shows the screen in action (this one has a drop down door that covers the screen that mine didn't have).