• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Childhood Memories: The Toys of the Silver and Bronze Age
4 4

358 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Also have many fond memories of these mainstays (and Etch-a-Sketch, Slinky, Silly Putty, Superballs, etc)...

Related image

Image result for vintage mousetrap game

Ah, Mouse trap the game I never actually played! All I would do is put it together and spring the trap. It also reminds me of the Which Witch? game, which I played a lot.

which-witch.jpg

1 hour ago, Domo Arigato said:

Loved my Micronauts Battle Cuiser!

e00f1b49093e7e9344087e39659de86d.jpg

battlecruiser6.jpg

I wanted that so badly, but it was an expensive item in 1976, and 11 year old me couldn't afford it on the newspaper delivery money I was making ( I was spending it on comics/ megos/ other micronauts )

4 hours ago, BriD. said:

My mom wouldn't allow me to have this.

I found out why when I smuggled some into the house and dropped it on the carpet:fear:

657318ea514c49f426901f3a5b86f8bd.jpg

I had several of those. Totally forgot about it which is one of the reasons I wanted to do this thread. Thank you. I can still feel the texture of that stuff and the many things we did with it. 

I had that view master projector too-- good times.

Rock em Sock em robots were so awesome-- my brother and I would get into epic battles with those. The problem with them though was eventually one of the guys heads would not stay in place or was so easy to knock off that the game became impossible to play the same way. I guess we wore away the notches that held it in place.

We had a really cool air hockey table but it made a lot of noise. My dad got mad at us one night -- sent us to bed and went to the bar. We snuck down a little later and started playing it only to find he came back from the bar earlier than expected and though we got back to our rooms quickly, he could tell we were playing because the fan motor was hot. He got mad and got rid of the game. That sucked. oh well. sorry to bum out the thread.

4 minutes ago, N e r V said:
4 hours ago, BriD. said:

I found out why when I smuggled some into the house and dropped it on the carpet:fear:

I had several of those. Totally forgot about it which is one of the reasons I wanted to do this thread. Thank you. I can still feel the texture of that stuff and the many things we did with it.  

for some reason-- I wanted nothing to do with this toy-- it just looked gross to me.

On a completely different tangent-- anyone remember playing Gnip Gnop?

6 hours ago, BriD. said:

Slime. :cloud9: We went crazy for that stuff when it came out in, when...1977?

I remember they also had a version with plastic worms, but my main memory is getting it stuck in my hair and finding out it wouldn't wash out. :tonofbricks:

15 hours ago, Number 6 said:

The 4th birthday party mentioned earlier was at the park with my cousin and friends. 

My grandmother couldn’t make that (probably didn’t want to be around a bunch of screaming kids hopped up on punch and cake) so we had another small party that evening. 

My grandmother got me this. Truly felt like I was the captain of a starship wearing it, lol  

A couple of years later I got the Batman one too. A1A73C70-D17A-41D8-B8D8-3BF438A13529.thumb.jpeg.b3a26cab0015235c9766515cfc3bb451.jpeg

AD9CD98B-0B38-4C05-8E17-A7BDA0C0EC0E.jpeg

Wow, great photos! You are lucky to still have them!

6 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Loved this as a kid and still love it now.

beatlesyellowsubcorgi1.jpg

beatlesyellowsubcorgi2.jpg

Besides the 45th anniversary rereleased editions there is also  the original red strip versions which are rare and bring a premium.

6DC26232-1B36-4EEE-8CEA-B0F98A26062D.thumb.jpeg.2b2fe8e923df8100bbd41e6f306940f2.jpeg

I'm not on a high level as some, I don't know what happened to all my odds and ends...

This is all I have left from my viewmaster, I remember stuffing baseball cards in it :foryou: it's just dusty now though....

20180816_132554.jpg

20180816_132616.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM