• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Childhood Memories: The Toys of the Silver and Bronze Age
4 4

358 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, tv horror said:

I still have these toys Cyborg and Mutant and all the costumes and ship.

subforms.jpg

android.jpg

vehicles.jpg

dfcyborg.jpg

hcybrog.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I have been trying to find any info on these figures for probably 20 years with no luck. I never owned one but had a friend that did so I was obsessed with getting one. 

2 hours ago, comicdonna said:

That's a really cool Matchbox collection.

Makes me really want to collect small toy cars now. I already get the occasional urge to collect them when I'm digging through the toy car section for Batmobiles.

Edited by Skeptic_Kepp

9 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Thanks for posting this. I have been trying to find any info on these figures for probably 20 years with no luck. I never owned one but had a friend that did so I was obsessed with getting one. 

If I'm not mistaken, these were originally marketed by Takara as "Henshin Cyborg" in Japan and would later spawn the Microman/Micronauts figures here in the US. The ones pictured may have been licensed here too.

On 8/21/2018 at 5:38 PM, BriD. said:

Jaws-Vintage-70s-Toy.jpg

I remember finding this at a flea market as a kid. It used rubber bands as tension in the mouth so it would snap shut once enough weight was removed. Mine was missing all the accessories but still a fun game if you could find enough substitutes

47 minutes ago, B2D327 said:

If I'm not mistaken, these were originally marketed by Takara as "Henshin Cyborg" in Japan and would later spawn the Microman/Micronauts figures here in the US. The ones pictured may have been licensed here too.

Thanks for the additional information   (thumbsu

On 8/21/2018 at 1:33 PM, B2D327 said:

Here's one along those lines that I remember wanting as a kid. The heart pumped blood that you could see through the torso

And then there was Mike Powers: the Atomic Man from GI Joe; my favorite of all the toys I had at the timeimageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b

Screenshot_2018-08-21-16-25-30-1.png

I got Mike Powers AND his atomic outpost? fort? for my tenth birthday. Back them my mom would leave my present at the foot of my bed so I could open it when I first woke. Needless to say, I wasn't awake more than a minute before I had the box torn open (who kept anything mint in package?) and was playing with them, and played right up until the second I had to leave for school. And despite my mom's pleas for me to put my presents away, I left them in the middle of the living room floor so I could start playing with them again as soon as I got home. When I did, I discovered my older brother's dog Jethro had ate Mike Powers AND the fort. RIP Atomic Man. :tonofbricks:

On 8/21/2018 at 11:22 AM, comicdonna said:

At about age 8, a friend and I were playing this.  I hit him in the temple with one of these heavy darts.  His mom woudn't let him come over to play anymore.

My older brother took a lawn dart in the shin. I'm not sure any of us were ever actually aiming for the rings like we were supposed to...