• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Duped by marvel 30 years later and Pennsylvania comic stores
1 1

24 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2018 at 7:36 PM, jason4 said:

I wonder if people at the time asked for refunds. I would have lol. Interesting story behind this thanks for posting. 

Marvel was notorious for missed deadlines/ reprints in that era. The revolving door at Editor couldn't have helped. In about a year, the Avengers  printed a reprint from Amazing Adventures, a two part fill in story and then missed  the much hyped Avengers 150, which was supposed to introduce the new team. Instead we got a couple new pages and a condensed reprint of #16.

Heck,  Jungle Action #5 announces the start of a new Black Panther series and instead has a bunch of reprints in it.

It happened often enough that I learned to flip thru a book before buying, although I mostly bought them anyway.

I can just imagine asking the old lady that ran the candy store I frequented for a refund because the book was a reprint.

On 8/15/2018 at 9:36 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Astonishing Tales #29 is a reprint of MSH #18

Cap #216 is a reprint of ST #114

Cap #257 is a reprint of Not Brand Echh #11 and #12

Thor #158 is a reprint of JIM #83, with new material

Captain Marvel #36 is a reprint of MSH #12, with 3 framing pages

Conan #22 is a reprint of #1, since the art for #22 (and what became #23) vanished

Jungle Action #5 is a reprint of DD #69

Power Man #36 is a reprint of Hero for Hire #12

Marvel Presents #8 is a reprint of SS #2

Thor #254 is a reprint of Thor #159

Pretty sure Jungle Action 5 is a reprint of Avengers 62...?

When I was little my family used to spend a lot of time in Australia and I bought a lot of Aussie Marvel/DC books. They were basically compiling a few comics in one book and had a random cover for each one. There were sooo many times that they would print a cover of a story that never appeared in the interior and I would be soooo disappointed. The most memorable one was a book that had Supes & Sgt Rock on the cover (cover used from DCP #10) and the interior had nothing but Sgt Rock reprints :sorry: