• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Stan Lee file copies
1 1

40 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, gunsmokin said:

Heads up everyone. Apparently several Stan Lee file comics were stolen in a burglary in the Roselle IL area. I bought the FF 6 that was posted last week and have now been informed it was stolen goods along with a few other books.

sorry to hear, :fear: thanks for the heads up.

1 minute ago, gunsmokin said:

He currently owes me $1700. The detective contacted me and said my book AND those Surfer books were stolen in a home burglary. I resold the book on eBay and that is how the Roselle police department found me

I am assuming the detective will be knocking on his door next, not accusing him of being the thief, but they will follow the trail.

15 minutes ago, gunsmokin said:

I bought it here on the boards.

6 minutes ago, gunsmokin said:

He currently owes me $1700. The detective contacted me and said my book AND those Surfer books were stolen in a home burglary. I resold the book on eBay and that is how the Roselle police department found me

Ouch. I wondered those stolen books are belonged to the comic book store owner in Roselle area. The thieves could follow the owner to his home after closing the store. It would be an easy target.

Edited by JollyComics

4 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Yikes! Had you sent it to the ebay buyer?

I mailed it at noon today and was able to run to the post office and still get it back. Haven’t heard from Ragu35 yet. The detective said that Ragu35 didn’t know. The detective told me they had recovered at least one surfer book already

5 minutes ago, gunsmokin said:

I mailed it at noon today and was able to run to the post office and still get it back. Haven’t heard from Ragu35 yet. The detective said that Ragu35 didn’t know. The detective told me they had recovered at least one surfer book already

Have you notified ebay about the stolen comic book? Hopefully PO hasn't released the book.

13 minutes ago, gunsmokin said:

Wow! Glad you got it before it shipped!  Hopefully the buyer won’t give you a hard time!  Fingers crossed that you get your money back soon

Edited by habsfan1