• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Stan Lee file copies
1 1

40 posts in this topic

Just now, GregHa said:

He looked like this:

498222357_01---Do-you-know-how-fast-you-were-going-large2.thumb.jpg.adfc2f2360421de33cf9c4f00aecc866.jpg

Obviously legit..

I assumed he was contacted via phone... Did I miss something in the thread that made it obviously legit? Or is that sarcasm? I’m a suspicious guy, and just looking out for OP...everyone needs a paranoid friend. xD

1 minute ago, Callaway29 said:

I assumed he was contacted via phone... Did I miss something in the thread that made it obviously legit? Or is that sarcasm? I’m a suspicious guy, and just looking out for OP...everyone needs a paranoid friend. xD

Sorry it was sarcasm, I guess you haven't seen the movie Super Troopers.

24 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

May I ask how you verified the detective was legit?

I googled the Roselle IL police department and called the number. Asked the deputy answering the phone if the number I had been called from was part of their department. It was.

8 minutes ago, gunsmokin said:

I googled the Roselle IL police department and called the number. Asked the deputy answering the phone if the number I had been called from was part of their department. It was.

That's good detective work on your part...good luck getting this straightened out.  :wishluck:

1 hour ago, retrocomics said:

So he had the FF 6 and the Surfer books from this thread

That's a lot of stolen books to have in your possession and just happened to be a new member. Hopefully not the case

Interesting. He posted it on June 23 to show off his SS collection. FF 6 was sold here last week. I wondered how long ago FF 6 was stolen.

His recent posts are not shown.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/profile/36543-ragu35/

Edited by JollyComics

18 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Interesting. He posted it on June 23 to show off his SS collection. FF 6 was sold here last week. I wondered how long ago FF 6 was stolen.

According to GPA the FF 6 was sold in June 2018 for $1500.00.  I bought it for his asking price of $1700

Edited by gunsmokin

27 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Original sales thread is here:

and also another relevant thread with FF 11 and 14:

1 hour ago, Dark_Ryu said:

Original sales thread is here:

and also another relevant thread with FF 11 and 14:

I have seen them here. I didn't realize those books are damned closer to my home! Yikes, I am in the pool of thieves here!

One sold on ebay on June 2. The book was sold here last week. There is going on between June 2nd and today. Going on here is near my home getting me nervous!

Edited by JollyComics

11 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

I have seen them here. I didn't realize those books are damned closer to my home! Yikes, I am in the pool of thieves here!

One sold on ebay on June 2. The book was sold here last week. There is going on between June 2nd and today. Going on here is near my home getting me nervous!

I contacted the seller that sold it in early June and told him to say hi to the cops for me.

25 minutes ago, gunsmokin said:

I contacted the seller that sold it in early June and told him to say hi to the cops for me.

Roselle and Rolling Meadows police folks are prowling on whoever stole the books. Gunsmokin keeps us in loop.

Edited by JollyComics