• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Hulk 1 a better investment than Hulk 181
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Hello,

I currently have a Hulk 181 in a 8.0 and I have the opportunity to buy a Hulk 1 in a 2.0. But I am going to have to trade in the 181 plus some cash for the Hulk 1. Just wondering if having a hulk 1 is a better investment for the future?

Thanks

Not enough info given to make that call:

1.  How much cash is involved?

2.  I'd want to see each book - in hand

3.  I'd want the grader's notes on each book

All things being equal though, I agree with the others - Hulk 1 is the better investment.  Way too many 181s out there in high grade.

Edited by pemart1966

7 hours ago, Comic102 said:

Hello,

I currently have a Hulk 181 in a 8.0 and I have the opportunity to buy a Hulk 1 in a 2.0. But I am going to have to trade in the 181 plus some cash for the Hulk 1. Just wondering if having a hulk 1 is a better investment for the future?

Thanks

Hulk #1 for me. Look at the sheer number of 181s on the "Please Grade My" section. I believe there were 7 on the front page alone last time I checked. It's a common book. Hulk #1, not so much. Good luck!

Does anyone have a price trend over the last two years for the specific comics in question (hulk 1 2.0 vs hulk 181 8.0)?  The question seems to be about return on investment, not a question of which is likely to be more valuable.

On 8/14/2018 at 11:18 PM, Oddball said:
On 8/14/2018 at 8:12 PM, oakman29 said:

There is no question Hulk 1

No question at all. The two books are not even in the same ballpark. 

+2

A definite no-brainer here as you can pick up a Hulk 181 any day of the week since there are tons available on a never-ending basis.  Especially when you already have well over 10,000 slabbed copies plus all of the other raw copies still sitting out there in private collections.  (thumbsu

I see Hulk #1 as one of the top three most valuable silver age marvel books when it comes to first appearances of heroes or number ones. The other two are AF15 and ASM1. Considering what even a low copy of Hulk 1 is going for I would get it if possible if it won't cost you much out of pocket. Even though the IH181 is also on fire and appreciating in value at a high rate it will still cost you less than the number 1 and is much more easier to replace.