• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Storage Question - Mylites for slabbed comics?

4 posts in this topic

Just wondering if this is overkill...  

My slabbed books often arrive with open-top polybags, and on more than a few occasions the top CGC label has either fallen off or has become partially detached due to it sticking to the top of the poly bag and/or just general rubbing during shipping. Because of this, I started storing my graded books in the large Gerber Mylites. They look nice, and it seems to prevent scratching, and also protects the older books with the sticker label on top. Anyone else store their books this way? I was wondering if there is a downside to this... could this harm the slabbed book in some way?

Please share your thoughts.

2 hours ago, AuthorJamesMichaelRice said:

Just wondering if this is overkill...  

My slabbed books often arrive with open-top polybags, and on more than a few occasions the top CGC label has either fallen off or has become partially detached due to it sticking to the top of the poly bag and/or just general rubbing during shipping. Because of this, I started storing my graded books in the large Gerber Mylites. They look nice, and it seems to prevent scratching, and also protects the older books with the sticker label on top. Anyone else store their books this way? I was wondering if there is a downside to this... could this harm the slabbed book in some way?

Please share your thoughts.

Mylar is the preferred method of storage for raw books. How could a mylar covering the slab possibly harm the book in any way ? Sorry but I think your question is obsessive compulsive !