• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is Honey Badger a big deal??

29 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

The speculation websites with members who buy anything they tell them too. 

5 hours ago, valiantman said:

It's the Mary Kay of the comics industry.

The character has appeared in 45 issues. Longer than any Marvel series run before a reboot.

14 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
20 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

The speculation websites with members who buy anything they tell them too. 

5 hours ago, valiantman said:

It's the Mary Kay of the comics industry.

The character has appeared in 45 issues. Longer than any Marvel series run before a reboot.

Makeup has been used since at least the ancient Egyptians.  So gathering a team of speculators for the sales of Mary Kay cosmetics must be an even better idea.

On 8/15/2018 at 7:27 PM, Aweandlorder said:

Honey Badgers are just crazyyyyyy

LOL...all aside though, Honey Badgers, Wolverines, Mongoose and the whole of the Badger family, are all quite fearsome/tough/stout mammals that should not be toyed with 'methinks

7 hours ago, valiantman said:

Makeup has been used since at least the ancient Egyptians.  So gathering a team of speculators for the sales of Mary Kay cosmetics must be an even better idea.

No clue what this means. You're saying 45 appearances is a farce made up by Mary Kay to sell more clawsmetics?

Edited by ygogolak

I don’t actually read this book, but have seen a few comments around from people who read All-New Wolverine and the new X-Men Red that Gabby (Honey Badger) is a good character and her and X-23 really play well off eachother. I assume the spec is that if X-23 continues to grow in popularity, so will Gabby / Honey Badger. 

5 hours ago, gradejunky said:

LOL...all aside though, Honey Badgers, Wolverines, Mongoose and the whole of the Badger family, are all quite fearsome/tough/stout mammals that should not be toyed with 'methinks

Yup. Honey Badgers don’t mess about.  Straight for the privates.

Thankfully, I doubt we’ll see that in a mainstream Marvel comic, unless Garth Ennis starts writing the book, in which case I’d expect an emasculation on the first page.

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:
17 hours ago, valiantman said:

No clue what this means. You're saying 45 appearances is a farce made up by Mary Kay to sell more clawsmetics?

I'm saying speculation sites that are creating a horde of speculators who just march around trying to sell nothing special comics for the price of special comics are just like multi-level marketing schemes that only make money for the people at the top.  It's fine that a character has 45 appearances, but if the comic wasn't standing out in the market before the horde of speculators, it's a market built on sand.  Those speculators move on, and who's left holding the books?  Mary Kay is a good example of multi-level marketing, but a better metaphor for speculator websites is locusts.